Chapter I

All I heard as drifted farther and farther away from what I had left of my family was the whir of blaring sirens coming from the ambulance mixed with Alex's shrieking voice calling to me from the other side of the endless darkness with only the candle light slightly lighting up his darkening, terrified facial features, especially his hazel eyes. Us Greys have always been known for our eyes..All except for Mom.Her eyes were blue. But that's what made Alex's eyes so special. That's what made Alex himself so very special. His eyes were a mix of the ocean's blue and pine needle green. They were...... Beautiful.

But..Why am I thinking about his eyes. I should be thinking about one certain question.

We're Mom, Dad, and Samantha all really dead, and if they were, did they see this too......Or does everyone see all types of different things. I don't really know how dying works. I don't even know if I am dead.

I wonder how it feels to die.

When I was seven, I went to my uncle Travis's funeral.I had only seen him a few times, so while I was there, at his funeral, I didn't cry. I just kind of walked around and tried to be reasuring to everyone who was crying. I saw this little girl. It was his daughter, Rebecca, and she was crying her eyes out. When I tried to ask her a question, she said that her mother died when she was three so, she never really knew her that well, and that she felt so bad for not getting to know her and making more memories with her than she had.

Rebecca was nine at the time of her dad's funeral. It had only been six years since her mother's passing. She was still just a little kid. She wasn't able to handle all of the things that were happening to her so quickly.And now that she had lost her dad, she didn't know what she was going to do. Auburn and Rebecca have been best friends ever since, Rebecca still hadn't gotten over her parents' deaths.

Auburn had reasured her  that it was going to be okay and that if she wanted to, she and Rebecca could be friends.

Suddenly, I was snapped back into my harsh reality that was my life, or my death that would haunt me forever if I wasn't dead.

I couldn't believe it. It was all just white. And there was a white light shining in my eyes.

I kept hearing voices saying,

"We're losing her!"

Or,

"Another round,"

Or,

"We gotcha​ Auburn, just stay with us."

But it was all just too much I couldn't help it. One minute, I was sleeping soundly in my linen sheeted bed, and the next I had a bullet hole in my chest and couldn't believe what had happened to my family. Destroyed. All of it, gone.

And there was nothing I could do to fix it now.

No, don't think like that, Auburn. Always think positive.

Tears well up in the back of my eyes as I think of my mother's words and the other things she once told me. Then the tears fall.

They just fall.

I just let them fall.

I don't let them stop because I don't want them to stop. I want my parents to know that I loved them. That I will always love them. And no one can tell me otherwise.

And no one better try.

I don't think I'm dead, but I know that I might be soon if the people, I assume that they are doctors, don't do anything fast.

I want to know if Samantha and Alex survived. I want to know if they're the ones who are safe. I try to clear my brain of all things except the hope for their survival. I want them alive, come on, man. That is all I'm asking.
Please let them be alive.

I'm don't only want them alive for my sake....But for theirs and for the rest of the world's. And especially for my parents' sake. If I were to come out of all of this tragedy and travesty alive and they don't, I wouldn't know how to deal with it.

And oh, the empathy would be so annoying that it would be crazy. Man, that's so annoying, the way people acted when my uncle died was terrible.

But this would be beyond worse. This would be Hell.

I try to open my eyes a little after I stop hearing all those voices, but I can't .

All I can think about now is how me crying was just my imagination and the hope of  everything else that was happening was just my imagination too.

Hopefully, that's all it was.

And then it hits me.

What will it be like if......I died.

Would Sam and Alex survive. Or what if they die too.

Oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, OH MY GOD!!!

No, don't think like that Auburn. That won't happen.That can't happen

Or can it?