Asriel X Reader

Requested by: AnimeAmethyst

UNEDITED.

Your knees ached. Your back hurt. Your mouth was dry. Your fingers stung. Everything hurt. You were hiking up Mt. Ebbot. You had heard rumors from other kids at your school about this mountain. That nobody who had ever gone up there had come back down. You scoffed at the idea, thinking it was silly. You wanted to prove them wrong. But you were starting to see the truth in their words. 

A while back you had attempted going back down, but you failed and ended up going in circles, and you were forced to keep trecking forward. You didn't pack any food, water, or extra clothes because you didn't think you would be up here this long. This decision was one you deeply regretted. It was freezing up on Ebbot, and you were wearing nothing but shorts, and a green sweater with a yellow stripe. It wasn't nearly as cold down below in your village. The wind attacked you and gave no mercy. It was snowing and you could barely see your hand in front of your face. 

Suddenly, as you were walking, you felt your foot get caught in something. As you crouched down you saw it was a thick vine. You carefully stood up, and slowly attempted to work your foot out. It wasn't working. You tried lifting your foot up and tugged hard. This, however, was a mistake. As you pulled it felt as if the vine tugged back with an equal amount of force. (oooo science). This caused you to unfortunately, lose your balance. You fell, and began rolling down a small hill. You couldn't stop, and sense of dread filled you as you saw what was up ahead.

Just a short distance away, was a huge hole. It seemed bigger than your school, possibly twice the size! As you continued to tumble, you tried your best to stop yourself, but to no avail. As your body came ever closer to the edge, you dug your nails in the dirt as a desperate attempt to stop. You slowed, but not by much. Then, you stopped rolling. Instead your body began to lurch forward. You wondered why this sudden change in motion began. But you knew. 

Your torso was already falling, and you desperately kicked your feet around for something, anything, to latch on to. But there was nothing. It seemed as if time slowed. Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes to hours. But you had to fall eventually. There was no delaying the inevitable. And it was then, time seemed to notice the unnatural change. Soon time caught up with you, and you realized, a horrible realization, you were falling. Falling into a black abyss of no escape.

When you woke up you were very dizzy, and all your eyes could make out was a swirl of green and yellow. You tried getting up but your head felt heavy, and you lied it down again. You felt the strong urge and need to sleep. But you couldn't. Wherever you were, you had to escape. I mean, there wasn't much waiting for you on the surface. But you had enough experience to know that if you stayed in an unknown place for too long, death was a big possibility. 

You gathered all of your strength, and pushed yourself off the ground. As you did, you felt a sharp pain come from your ankle. You had either sprained it, or it was broken. You leaned over a bit and put most of your weight on the healthy ankle. Your eyes drifted around, and you began to take a look at your surroundings. You were standing in the middle or a bed of golden flowers. You knew these flowers. They were buttercups! Your village was full of them, and they were your favorite. You tilted your head directly upward and saw sunlight. You let your eyes adjust and saw that the sunlight was peeking over the side of the hole you fell down. "Well this is just great", you thought. You had fallen down a hole into a place you didn't recognize, and on top of that you were hurt. Just your luck. As you contemplated how things could get any worse, you heard something.

The sound was soft footsteps, and they were coming your way. You wanted so badly to call out to whomever the footsteps belonged to, but you knew better. You had to wait, and stay alert.