Chapter 58

Penelope's P.O.V.
"Klaus... I... I don't have a good feeling right now." I say to Klaus as I feel something off deep within my gut. Almost like a mother's intuition as we drive closer and closer to the city of New Orleans. "Something isn't right Klaus... Maybe we should turn back?" I suggest as I look behind us, just feeling this sinking feeling in my chest.

"What has got you all worked up all of the sudden?" Klaus asks me confused as he just keeps driving forward.

"I don't know, but I think that we should turn back.." I say almost urgently to him. He is about to speak until my phone starts ring. "Hold on, it's Mary." I tell Klaus as I begin to answer the phone. "Hello?" I answer as I feel that same pit deep within my stomach.

"Mom, it's Faith." I hear Faith's shaky voice say into the other end of the phone.

"What's going on sweetheart? Is everything okay?" I ask concerned as I feel my heart begin to pound in my chest.

"Aurora has Nik, Hope and I, and she says if you guys don't get here within twenty minutes... They're going to kill one of us." Faith cries into the phone as she sniffles, trying to regain her composure. Klaus immediately slams on the breaks and turns the car around and turns around and begins speeding down the road with an angry expression on his face.

"Okay baby were coming right now okay? Where's grandma Mary?" I ask Faith as my palms begin to sweat and my whole body fills with adrenaline. I knew something bad was going to happen. I knew that nothing good could come from this situation, and I walked my children right into a trap.

"They... They killed her." Faith sobs into the phone as my heart sinks to my feet and tears begin to well in my eyes.

"Oh my God." I mutter as I place my hand over my mouth to try and contain my crying. "I love you so much Faith, and tell your brother and sister I love them so much too okay? Your father and I will be there as soon as we can, I promise." I promise Faith as tears begin streaming down my face.

"I love you too Mom." Faith says to me before the phone suddenly hangs up. I look down at my phone only to see that the call has ended and I can see my tears that have spilled onto my jeans.

"Oh my God Klaus, I can't lose one of my babies." I say to Klaus as I wipe my eyes even though the tears just keep pouring down my cheeks.

"They're bluffing Penelope. If they wanted our children dead they would have done it by now." Klaus says coldly as he presses down further on the gas. I can tell that he's just trying to process everything right now. His anger, his fear, his worry, his sorrow; He's just trying to process it all without going completely insane.

"Do you really think we can take all of them on once we're there? What if in the midst of our attack they kill one of our children?" I ask as tears keep streaming down my face, my voice getting more frantic by the second.

"Enough! Do not speak of such things Penelope!" Klaus yells at me, his voice extremely distressed. I can tell that my words torment him, and the thoughts I'm putting in his head make him feel only sorrow. I don't have any more words to speak, only sobs. I sob beside Klaus as he continues to drive at what seems like at the speed of light.

Klaus continues to drive until he pulls into the bayou where Mary's shack is. As we pull in I see all of my children on their knees and their hands bound behind their backs with a line of vampires behind them, Aurora behind Faith who is in the middle of Nik and Hope. Klaus parks the car and both of us jump out of the car and run towards our children but we run into a barrier. We look down and see a line of salt drawn before us.

"Is that what this has come to? Drawing a line of salt between my children and I because you are too scared to face my wrath?" Klaus asks Aurora and the man standing next to her, who I assume to be Jedidiah Romano, the man Klaus royally fucked over.