Chapter 61

Hope's P.O.V.
I wake up in my bed, blinking my tired eyes as I hear and feel deep breathing next to me. A smile just spreads across my lips as I look at a shirtless Kai sleeping peacefully next to me. It feels good to wake up and see someone I love so dearly sleeping so soundly next to me. I had almost forgotten how much I loved waking up next to him.

I turn onto my side and bring my hand up as I stroke his scruffy jawline with my index finger, occasionally dragging my middle finger along his jawline as well. "Stop stroking me while I sleep, it's weird." Kai says with his eyes still closed. I just chuckle as I slide my whole hand onto his cheek now.

"No, you're all mine again so I can stroke the little hairs on your jaw all I want." I tease him as I run my thumb over his jawline. Kai opens up his youthful blue eyes as he grabs my hand that's on his face.

"I don't need your nasty germs you sicko." Kai jokes as I sit up and lean against the headboard with my huge belly out in front of me.

"You love my germs, and you can't even deny that." I say to him as he looks up at me with a smile.

"You wish." Kai teases me as he scoots closer to me and places a hand on my belly. "It's so weird that you have like this super huge stomach. Like the last time I saw you, you were like normal and now you have like this huge bump. I kind of dig it though." Kai smiles as he presses a kiss to my stomach, causing me to chuckle at him.

"Don't get too used to it. I'm actually going to a doctor's appointment today and they're gonna tell me when they want me to deliver, which will probably be in like four weeks." I tell Kai as I hold my large belly in my one hand while running my fingers through his hair with the other.

"Well, I guess that's okay, because I seriously can't wait to meet these little guys." Kai says looking at my stomach with child like eyes. I just chuckle as keep rubbing my stomach.

"I can't wait either." I coo happily as I just look at Kai who is so happy about our two little babies inside of my stomach.

"Hey guys, it's me, your dad." Kai says to my stomach, actually talking to the babies inside, making my heart swell with unimaginable excitement. "You probably aren't used to me talking to you, you're probably used to your mom but it's actually me this time." Kai speaks to them excitedly. "When you get out here were gonna do so much fun stuff, okay? I'll teach you how to ride skateboards and play practical jokes, it'll be loads of fun." Kai says like a small child as he speaks to our children. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can't wait to meet you both. Once you're here it's gonna be a blast. I promise." Kai promises our children as my heart just skips at beat at him. I had no idea he'd be so into this becoming a dad thing. Maybe it's because he never really had a family and this will kind of be his chance at a fresh start to finally make things right?

Kai comes at sits up next to me as we rest against the headboard of our bed. I just chuckle at him as we have our fingers interlaced with each other. "I love you." I remind him as I rest my head against his shoulder. Kai just giggles at me happily as he kisses my forehead.

"I love you too." Kai says as his other hand that is not in mind rubs my belly. I've longed for this feeling for so many months, and now that I have it I don't ever want to let it go. We sit there for a few minutes just listening to the sound of each other breathing until I sit up and look at him.

"Alright, how about I go and take a shower and get ready and then, I will meet you at the doctor's office for my appointment?" I ask Kai curiously as I sling my legs over the edge of my bed and get up slowing, holding my aching back. Kai sees my discomfort and speeds toward me quickly and puts his hand on my lower back.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kai asks me with extreme concern as I just start to chuckle at him lightly.

"Yes Kai, I'm fine, thank you. It's just called being pregnant. Your back aches, your feet swell, stuff like that." I say with a little laugh as I start to waddle my way towards my bathroom.