Chapter 1

A loud crashing of papers slammed on his black wooden table as he said in a loud voice, "You're fired!"

     Those two words seem nightmarishly echoed and pierced through her ears. Irish's brown eyes widened with her heart seemed to stop at the moment while staring at her big fat boss.

     "But... why?" She asked quizically as she started to feel wet in her eyes. Lots of questions coming and rushing through her mind right now. What have I done these recent days? Did I do something that make him so pissed? I should have remembered it but none of it seems to happen since he gave a lot of tasks to me even though it's totally not my job. After all those things this is what I've got!?

     Her big fat boss shifted on his reclining chair with a bit feminine move. One look from him Irish could tell he's gay. A gay with thin curly mustache. His eyebrows curled when he sensed a big disappointment in her.

     He breathed out, and said, "I'm sorry, Irish, my dear, but someone is really pissed off. Not me. And she wanted you out." As he pressed a finger on the colored printed papers. Their magazines.

     Her? God. Her eyes rolled up, slumped her shoulders and sighed, "Oh, I get it, Lady Thompson you mean?"

    Her boss nodded. "She called just this morning. She didn't like what she read on your page about her."

     "God. Lady Thompson is a--" okay, take a deep breath and I am not going to say it because it's ugly and I don't want my boss to get angry. Again. It happened last weekend when I tried to interview one of the noble ranks. She was pissed when I wrote something she thought could ruin her and told me that she hates journalists like me.

     "I'm not that stupid, Mr. G, to ruin everything for her, well, not everything. Since I asked her permission for those questions before they got published." Irish explained.

     "I know. We all know. But still I've got to fire you or this company will get burned. Now leave."

     "But --" he didn't let her finish what she was about to say, waved his hand with a slight of gracefulness. "Out now, Irish. You can get your last check from Ivy. Again, I'm very sorry."