Chapter 6

They both turned to see who it was. Four men in black and white suit with their sunglasses came in. They looked sinister, hulks with rough faces and were terribly silent as they stood there, staring.

    "We have company. Welcome!" The old man spread his arms and smiled at them.

     But to their surprise, Irish dropped her jaw upon seeing those men pull guns from their blazers.

    "Oh! My god!" Irish screamed. Waving her hand in believing they would listen to her plea, "please, I may not know you but I don't think I got involved in something illegal for you to kill me. So, I think we're good, right?" She flashed a smile for them to agree with her but they didn't say anything and cocked their guns.

     Without any hesitation, they aim their guns at them, the old man quickly grabbed Irish's shirt and both jumped behind the counter and dock as the men started to fire.

     They struggled to hide away from the bullets that scrape through the wooden counter and the artifacts that blocked their target.

     Irish covered her ears as she screams. God! Why is this happening to me right now? I just got fired from my job and then,now, I am being fired at with real guns!? God really intended to kill me? Oh no please. Not this time. I'm still young to die!

    "Hey! Lady!" The old man shouted, holding Irish's wrist firmly. "We must move now!"

    "To where?!" Her voice croaked as if she was about to cry. The tinge of sulfur distinctly whiffs of acrid and sour in the air. They were fired in succession that there was a small chance for them to escape and nowhere to go but looking at the old man he seemed calm and knows what to do.

     "Follow me." He started to crawl on all fours and went out from the counter.

     Irish didn't hesitate to follow the old man; they crawl toward the dark corner.

     As fast as they crawl on the dark path, Irish saw a light at the end. She kept on going without looking behind her; she could still hear the firing.

     "Hey!" A shout from behind them echoed through the walls  followed by a gunshot that missed.

    "You go first! Hurry!" The old man grabbed her wrist and with all his might, swayed her out the open door.