Chapter 2

A stock of magazines was squeezed inside the now full-of- things box, trying to fit in. Her box was not enough for her personal things. I guess I have to come back here! It's really hard to accept that she's no longer part of this company and she didn't say a word to her co-workers about quitting the job. Not the one who quit the job. It's because of this lady who happens to be stupid and got me fired!

    "Irish, I've heard that you quit."

    Irish turned to her side in a snap to find Jessa standing out from her open-cubicle.

    "Who told you that I quit?"

    Again. Good morning. This is just a further announcement that miss Irish Lambert already quit her job. Thank you.

    What the hell? They even announced on air?

     She could hear the shocking gasps and murmuring from her officemates but she doubt to look at them and not to gave them answers.

     Irish looked at Jessa with a piercing eyes in anger.

     "What? Mr. G did that."

     I know it's not him. Oh great, it grinds my gear to think about the lady I pissed. They are just reminding us how royalties could be so mean and filthy towards a pauper. She, the lady, really did this to embarass me infront of everyone for what she thinks I did to her.

     Irish took the box and carried it as she walked outside from her cubicle. Jessa came right behind her. Everyone could see them walking along the aisle. Irish didn't want to care but their stares made her feel awful.

    "Mr. G is so mean. I know he could keep quiet. It never happened to anyone who quit their jobs except you, Irish. What did you do?"

     What did I do? Those words striked her like electricity from her ear through her body. It hurts that everyone was made to believe that it was my fault. But why did Mr. G announce that I was the one who quit the job?

     Jessa paused for a moment when Irish abruptly stopped. She waited for her to turn around but instead she felt her aura was flaming with agitation.

    "I'm sorry. I didn't mean--"

     But she cuts her off, "goodbye, Jessa." She said in a whispering manner. Without looking back, she stepped inside the elevator and didn't even wait for her to say anything at all.