Caught in the Cold- 300 words

This also part of the fiction portfolio. Umm, this is suppose to be 250-300 words (micro fiction)and then we had to elongate it to be 1000 words (flash fiction) so that will be posted next.

Caught in the  Cold

    It was autumn and the air was chilled with a light breeze—it seems like everyone stories start like that—and I was walking to my car from my work. I had just finished a very important article that was due the next day causing me to have to stay late into the night.

I got into my car and began to try to turn it on and was frustrated to discover that it wasn’t going to cooperate with me. In a last ditch effort I got out of my car once again and walked to the hood and opened it up.

I am not a mechanic, I am lucky I knew what a steering wheel is, but I knew that there was something wrong with a car when there was something missing. Like it had been ripped out. I felt a chill go down my spine as I fished through my pockets for my phone only to find it was dead.

Giving up I made my way to the small park on the other side of the street from where I was and sat down on the old park bench. That’s when I began to feel them. The eyes of a predator. Not surprisingly I began to panic. Then I heard the sound of someone moving and it seemed like they were moving around me.

Don’t freak out, Julia, I thought to myself, hopefully you are just delusional. Any other day I would be worried about that last part but it seemed like a good thing to cling on to right about now. Then he appeared.

He was covered in dark leather and was as pale as the moon. “I have been watching you for some time now, Julia. I have a proposition for you.”