The Seven Curses of Blaxston

I'm sorry this is so rushed, it was going to be longer but my teacher gave us a maxium number of pages. So yeah. I think I go like an 85 or something for this. Tell me what you think.

The Seven Curses of Blaxston

When I look at the ruined castle, I cannot help but feel slightly responsible. When I glance back at my memories I see it wasn’t my fault. But then again, if not mine then whose is it? I kicked a small stone with my boot as I tried to act casual. There could be spies anywhere here and I did not want to end up on their list.

I observed my surroundings and  felt a pang in my heart as I walked through what used to be the entryway, and then down a now caved in corridor to the banquet halls and ballrooms. I stood in the center of the ballroom and felt an overwhelming surge of uneasiness as I walked on the broken stones and stood before two large thrones that looters had left barren of anything precious.

I walked towards the velvet curtains which were covered in holes, and ripped them away revealing a secret wooden door that was perfectly preserved. I wonder, I thought, could it still be? An old rusted lock held my curiosity at bay. Maybe it’s not too late, I thought. Hesitantly I reached my hand out and caressed the lock. I felt the cool sensation of the metal and it gave me hope.

My hand naturally went to my pocket and I felt again the cool sensation as I withdrew the key. I pulled the key out and felt something bloom in my heart. My mind swirled as I once again saw the colors of the dresses swish past me. But this time it was worse.

King Alistair Blaxston and Queen Katelyn of Cedric sat on the thrones in the center of the small group of diplomats, knights, and lords. King Alistair was an important looking man who always held himself with a powerful persona. He was known as the Blind King of Blackstone, who was in-fact blind but it never seemed to bother him. He had shoulder length honey-colored hair and a strong jaw.

Queen Katelyn was a beauty with long black colored hair that was always pulled up into fancy styles. Her eyes were the color of a rose’s stem, and her face was scultured by sharp features. She wore a long blue and gold dress and a gold crown a top of her head.

The king and queen had seven lovely children all with midnight hair and blue-green eyes, their complexions varied along with their persona.

The oldest son was Benedict, a fine looking man at the age of twenty and was ready to take the throne as soon as his father finished marrying off his children. Benedict was married to the daughter of a Count of a wealthy kingdom not far from Blaxston.

The next was the intelligent Adelaide, who had her eye on her close childhood friend, Lord Merek of Fairgate. He was a ten years her senior but that never stopped their friendship. Merek had dark ginger colored hair and matching stubble around his strong jaw. His eyes were dark and cold, yet she never did see the cruelness in them as everyone else did.

Constantine was the next and also was said to be the fairest and most desired of the daughters. She was gentle and calm and seemed like the perfect lady of a household.

Cecily was the kind-hearted one although, she was the least attractive of the daughters. She cared for everyone and had become very good at healing others. She often spent her days in the infirmary helping the wounded and ill.

The second son was was Caspar, a rather handsome youth who spent his time getting to know the maidens of the kingdom and who spent their time swooning at his infamous charms.

The youngest was the ever-sweet and innocent Amelia. She was small and often spent a lot of her time off in her mind rather than in her surroundings. She often was swept up into the crowd and very rarely was known to speak out or go against the expected.