18 | Picked By A Banshee

Staring into space, Lexi sits on the couch silently as Derek examines Deputy Parrish's hands. Apparently, he had been burned in his car by another deputy, but there he is, standing as if he had been through nothing.

Both Lydia and Scott notice the strange behavior in the blonde, but they follow Derek's example of ignoring it at the moment.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asks.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" Lydia inquires. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"Well, they would be gone." Derek frowns.

"He was set on fire. All of him should be gone." Lexi speaks up, sounding slightly out of it. She goes to stand next to Derek, her hand instantly finding his for comfort.

"Not if he's like us," Scott argues.

"Like you?" Parrish asks, confused.

"I don't think he's like us." Lexi states.

"Then what is he?" Lydia looks him up and down.

"Sorry, but I have no idea." Derek sighs.

"Me neither. The only people who can survive fire that I've heard of are the Originals." Lexi shakes her head.

"But you both knew about Jackson and Kira, almost instantly for Lexi." Scott sounds desperate.

"This is a little out of my experience." Derek snaps.

"There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?" Lexi asks.

"I don't know where he is." Scott looks down.

"Ok, hold on. What's a bestiary?" Parrish demands. "Actually, that's not even my first question. Just—just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia?" Lydia raises her eyebrows in question. "Are you all physic?"

"Physic?" Derek repeats as Lexi tries to stop her smile.

"Yeah." Parrish nods, completely serious.

"I'm somewhat physic," Lexi mentions, shrugging. "But, not exactly."

"Ok, then what are you?" Parrish looks around. Scott looks to Derek for permission. He shrugs as Lexi sighs in exasperation.

As if on cue, both her eyes and Scott's start to burn red. Parrish's jaw drops as Lexi smirks, "We're werewolves, darling."

—|—|—|—

"What's a kanima?" Parrish asks, for the umpteenth time. Lexi groans, leaning her head on Derek's shoulder.

"We'll get back to that." Scott coughs, sitting next to the confused deputy "Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the deadpool."

"But I don't even know what I am."

"I'm pretty sure they don't care." Lexi states.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Parrish inquires.

"We're starting to lose count." Lydia sighs.

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott asks aloud.

"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Parrish comments.

"That means anyone with the deadpool could take a chance." Derek glances at Lexi when she stiffens against him. He knows that the three lists they found are getting to her, especially with how vulnerable she is.

"But if Haigh had it, then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?" Parrish groans.

"I'm gonna make a quick call." Lexi mumbles, excusing herself.