Epilogue

I watched happily as the two little girls danced around the ballroom. Wynn and Eclipse twirled around, grabbing each others hands and "leaping."

  "Mommy, did you see my dance?" Eclipse asked, running up to me. She panted heavily.

  I smiled. "It was absolutely breathtaking, girls."

  Wynn rolled her eyes. "Excuse me, Lipsy, but that was our dance." She turned to me. "I should get credit too, right?"

  I chuckled. "Of course! You both are my little ballerinas."

  "Girls!" We all turned to see my husband, Charlie, barreling towards us, his hands outstretched in a hug.

  The visibly lit up. "Daddy!"

  "How are my precious princesses?" Charlie asked, cuddling the twins.

  Wynn shook her head. "But Daddy, we're ballerinas now!"

  Charlie pulled away to look at her. "I see being a princess is overrated now, eh?" He turned to me and winked. "I was done with being a prince by my second birthday."

  Eclipse shook her bead furiously. "No, Daddy, I always want to be a princess."

  Charlie smiled and patted her head. "And so you will be, Lipsy."

  Wynn groaned. "I'm over it. When I grow up, I want to dress however I like, like a pirate or maybe even a soccer player!" She lightly nudged the black and white patterned ball by her feet.

  I reached down and stroked her hair. "Oh, but Wynn, you can always be a princess and a soccer player."

  She looked up at me, her stunning sky blue eyes seeming to be solving a puzzle. She had inherited her father's light eyes but my dirty blond locks. "Can I be a pirate, too?"

  I nodded. "Sure you can. Say 'aye, aye, captain.'"

  "Aye, aye, cap'ain?"

  "Great job. Now try saying, 'I've got to find me booty.'" Charlie grinned. I frowned jokingly at him.

  Wynn looked confused. "'Me booty?'" She tapped her bottom, giggling. "But it's right here!"

   We laughed.

   Life in the palace, life with Charlie, was full of laughter. It was blissful. Our little daughters, Wynn and Eclipse, were absolutely amazing. Wynn liked to get her hands a little dirty, she enjoyed playing make believe in the gardens and was a wicked cards player. Eclipse liked ruffly pink skirts and lacy white dresses but had inherited my love of cooking.

  Life was good.

~~~~