|Part Five|

|YOU|

"You're the team I'm going to be traveling with?" I asked.

Kakashi, Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura all stood in front of me, as well as a plump man with a large hat and glasses.

"Yup, that would be us," Kakashi said.

"Well I guess we shou-" I was cut off by the bridge builder Sasuke mentioned last night.

"Now who's this? Some other amateur? Can't a man get a decent shinobi as an escort now a days?"

My fists clenched by my side and I grit my teeth. "Amateurs, huh?"

In the corner of my eye I saw Sasuke whispering to Kakashi, probably telling him I was about to blow because hell, I was.

"Yes, amateurs! Sending three genin on a mission like this! Ridiculous!"

I slowly walked towards the man as I spoke. "I'm a jonin, have been since I was sixteen. The other man other there, he's been a jonin since he was thirteen. On average a shinobi becomes a jonin at eighteen. Now, call me an amateur again and see what happens-"

A warm hand rested on my shoulder and turned to glare at whoever it was.

"(Y/N), we're suppose to deliver the bridge builder safely to his home. Let go," Kakashi said.

I slowly stepped back and the man shot me a glare. "I believe we should be on our way."

"Great idea," I agreed.

Kakashi set us up in formation. Him at the front as expected, Naruto and Sasuke on either side of their client and Sakura behind him. That left me at the very a back.

As we walked, I started seeing drops of water by our feet, then I looked in front of us, seeing a large puddle.

Odd, considering it hadn't rained in weeks.

I ran up next to Sakura and tapped on her shoulder.

"(Y/N) sensei? What's wrong?"

I shushed her before bending down to whisper in her ear. "Tell Sasuke he needs to tell Kakashi that we're about to step into a trap."

Sakura's eyes widened and I rubbed her back. "It'll be okay, you're prepared for this. Just tell Sasuke."

Sakura did as I said and before Sasuke told Kakashi, he glanced back at me to confirm.

I gave him a slight nod, but just as Sasuke stepped forward to tap on Kakashi's shoulder, chains sprung from the puddle, tearing Kakashi apart in seconds.

I could still sense his chakra. "That snake." I thought. "He's standing back to observe."

I chain shot in my own direction and I quickly used a water clone as a substitute, jumping in the trees.

"You caught on fast."

I turned to see Kakashi leaning on a branch above me.

"I'm a jonin too you know. I'm not stupid. Now, why are we observing instead of helping."

"I want to see how they do on their own first. I also want to know if this is an attack on the builder himself, or ninja attacking ninja."

I nodded in understanding, watching the team closely.

It looked like it was going well for the most part. Sakura took a defensive stance in front of the builder and Sasuke took on the Ninja as best he could. Naruto on the other hand, didn't seem to be handling everything as well.