|Part Seventeen|

|KAKASHI|

She had to stay safe. She needed to know the feelings I've grown to have towards her and how I felt about the baby.

I made it to the top of the staircase and saw Guy helping a couple students from other villages make their way towards the exit.

"Guy."

"Kakashi! What's going on?"

I shook my head and all but threw a Hidden Cloud citizen out the exit.

"Hey! Let's see who can defeat the most enemy ninja, what do ya say?"

I looked over at Guy, pushing away my thoughts and nodded. "Why not? I've got to retake my rightful place in the lead."

As much as I hated to admit it, and would never say it out loud, my rivalry with Guy was sort of what kept me sane for all these years.

"Oh I don't think so, Kakashi!"

"One!" I called over my shoulder, sending a Sand shinobi over the railing.

"Two!" Guy countered, slamming two ninjas heads together.

This went on, until the land under our feet started to rumble.

"Don't tell me it's another explosion!" Guy called to me.

Something in the corner of my eye moved and I looked over to see the building by the Kage's box caving in and trees forming a type of cage.

Guy came to stand by me. "Do you think he's over there? Orochimaru?"

"More than likely."

~     ~     ~

|YOU|

Sasuke. That's what was on my mind right now. I needed to find him, make sure he's safe, let him know I'm safe and that I saw his match. I needed him to know how proud of him I was.

"Sasuke?" I called, trying to make my way through the cloud of smoke that covered most of the arena.

"(Y/N) sensei?"

I squinted and spotted a head of pink hair coming towards me. "Sakura? Is that you?"

Sasuke's teammate came into view and I ran to her. "Where's Sasuke? Is he okay?"

"Uh-" The look on her face made my heart speed up in fear and my palms started to sweat.

"Sakura, where's my brother? I need to see him! If he's hurt or needs help I need to be there for him!"

Sakura gestured for me to follow her and I didn't hesitate, even after I saw the monster I was going to have to face.

"What is that thing?" I asked.

"That's Gaara, Sasuke's opponent from the exam."

I watched as Sasuke's body started to give out, a chidori similar to Kakashi's forming in his hand.

"He's not going to last much longer. Sakura, get ready to help me aide Sasuke, I'll give you instructions but I might have to fight this thing so we have to work fast," I said. Sakura nodded.

Just like I thought, Sasuke's body didn't have the stamina to fight any longer, and Gaara didn't hesitate to go for the kill.