Part 3: Luke Buys Leia A Puppy

TITLE: Luke Buys Leia A Puppy
SHIP: Luke/Leia
WORDS: 757
CATEGORY: Fluff
EDITED?: No

Luke and Rachel were in the Rose Room, sitting on the stage as she told him all about seeing Catfish and The Bottlemen live. Luke was excited just hearing about the concert, picturing himself there.

The room was buzzing, full of light and happiness with everybody inside seeming to be in a good mood.

Then Leia walked in. Leia was the Queen of Drama, so it was no surprise that when everybody was happy, she looked like her dog had just died. Anything to stand out.

Luke couldn't complain, though. After all, he was the one secretly in love with Leia. Drama and all.

"What's up, Babe?" Rachel asked, worry overtaking her face at the sight of her sad best friend. With a closer look, Luke realised she was crying and immediately felt bad. He had blamed her for being dramatic, but whatever it was, it must have been serious.

Leia almost never cried.

"Hu-Hu-Honey died," Leia stuttered out. Luke couldn't believe it. Honey was Leia's dog - Leia's dog had died.

Rachel gasped, placing a hand over her own mouth as if she too were going to cry. She wrapped her arms around Leia and the two hugged and cried and Luke felt incredibly uncomfortable. It was between Rachel and Leia, so all he could do was sit there and watch the two girls cry.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Rachel finally asked, pulling away from her best friend.

Leia nodded. Rachel got up off the stage, leading Leia off to the bathroom. Luke was left on the stage by himself.

Seeing Leia so sad and distraught as opposed to the loud, bubbly girl she normally was didn't sit right with Luke. Leia deserved to be happy 24/7. She would have done anything for Luke to cheer him up. He knew he needed to do the same for her.

+++

Luke waited in the Rose Room that afternoon. He sat on the stage with his present to Leia resting on his lap. He hoped this wasn't too much but the more he thought about it the more he realised it was. 

"Luke?" It was too late to turn back now. Leia was there, standing in front of Luke with her eyes on the present in his lap (no, it wasn't his penis).

Luke took in a deep breath and then released it as he spoke, "I bought you a puppy."

Leia's eyes shot wide open. "You're kidding."

He shook his head. It's too much. The gift is too much from someone who is just a friend.

But then Leia broke out into the biggest smile Luke had ever seen. She started laughing as she picked up the tiny puppy from Luke's lap. Then, she started crying. 

"This is the greatest gift I've ever gotten," Leia said through her tears, still smiling. "I mean, besides Honey, but still. Luke! You're the best."

The next few seconds felt like slow motion. Leia looked up at Luke. They stared into each other's eyes. She leaned in and kissed him.

When they pulled away, they both stared at each other for a moment; eyes wide, mouths open, completely speechless. And confused. Luke was definitely confused. He couldn't say he didn't like it, though. He loved Leia and he had for a whole year; of course he liked kissing her.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't mean to. I was just so happy - you bought me a puppy, Luke."

He couldn't help it. He kissed her again. Seeing her so happy, knowing he was the reason for it, made him want to be with her even more. He wanted to make her happy like this every day.

"Luke, what?" Leia breathed out when they pulled away. "I thought you liked Maggie."

"What? No." Their faces were still inches apart, the puppy resting in between their bodies.

Leia giggled, looking completely surprised. "You mean I've spent this whole year backing off from you because of the stupid Luke-truce that I put in place just to keep Maggie away from you, only to find out you didn't like her?"

Luke had no idea what that meant. "Uh, yes?"

Leia giggled again. "How have you managed to turn my worst-day-ever into my best-day-ever in a mere ten minutes?"

Luke knew what that meant. He kissed her again. "Leia, I'd give you the whole world if I could make you smile," he admitted. 

Leia kissed him one last time. The new puppy was a symbol of Luke and Leia's fresh start; together.

A/N: This was so shit I am sorry.