CHAPTER 37

Ara

"Ara?" I heard someone called me.

I turned and bummer. Psh. Kasi naman. Ba't ang galing naman nito o baka ako lang talaga ang hindi marunong magtago.

"Hi," I greeted back.

"What are you doing here?" she asked with eyes of surprise.

"Uhh, shopping?" I said as a lame excuse.

She smiled with a knowing look. "Really?"

"Oo naman," I fidgeted.

"Ahhh shopping in Ohio," she smiled. "Iba na talaga ang Ara Galang ngayon."

I smiled nervously, "Oo naman, why not diba?"

She nodded mischievously, "Okaaay. I can show you around the nice shops here if you like."

I scratched the back of my head. I know this girl's just trying to play along with me.

"Fine. Not here for shopping," I told her.

She smiled, "I know."

I nodded awkwardly not knowing what to say.

"Err, how is the baby girl?" I asked her. Her eyes saddened remembering her daughter. "She will be okay, Arra. That's why you're all here, right? To give Amirra the best care she needs."

Arra nodded at me but the sadness did not disappear. She tried to smile to me, "Amirra's strong. I know she can make it. She got the fighter genes from the father."

I smiled and nodded.

"I'm guessing you're here for the father?" Arra changed the topic.

"Siyempre nandito ako para kay Amirra," I said.

Arra gave me another knowing smile.

"Not convincing?" I asked her and she gave me an expression she agrees.

"I'm sure you care for Amirra but you can't deny it, Ara. You're also here for Thomas," she said. "I know I'm not in the position to tell you things but Thomas fights harder with you. And we all need him to fight."

I looked down, "I'm sorry. I know I acted childish and selfish before he left. I made everything worse for him."

"But you're here to make it right, right?" she asked hopeful.

I made a face, "I'm not sure. Coming here is out of impulse. I don't know why I'm here actually. I haven't figured it out yet."

"You will soon, don't worry," she said.

"Yeah," I said. "I think I'm here to check on him?"

Arra chuckled, "Why are you asking me? Why are you even asking? I know Thomas is irresistible."

"Hehe," I said sheepishly.

"You know what, let's end your agony. Let's go to him," she suggested.

"No," I immediately stopped.

She gave me confused look, "What? Aren't you here to see him?"

I knotted my fingers, "I'm here to see him but I'm not sure if I want him to see me."

"Ara, Thomas will be elated to see you," Arra said.

"I don't think so, he hates me," I said.

"Most definitely not," Arra rebutted.

"I broke his heart," I said.

"Maybe, but you're the only one who can fix it," Arra tried to convince it.