Chapter 4: The Trespasser

-xxx-

W-Wait. . . so we were right about her.

Nanggaling na siya dito. So that's why she said those words.

"She's Kate Alvares. 15 years old. She was born here in our base as a vitantur. When she was 3, her parents needed to leave because of an important mission. But sadly, they weren't able to come back and were confirmed dead because of being attacked by unknown people. When she turned 4 years old, she was taken away by a shinigami."

"What?!"

Nagulat kaming lahat sa sinabi ni Sir Kai. She was taken by a shinigami?

"Her mother is a vitantur while her father was half senshin and half shinigami. She was born while her father's shinigami blood was still developing, thus, giving her 1/4 blood of a shinigami. You see, shinigami blood takes a lot of time to develop into a vitantur than senshin blood. Kate was born vitantur but has shinigami blood that was still developing. And by that, she could travel black dimension at that time."

Woah! I haven't heard such a thing. 85 percent of our population are naturally born vitantur. 15 percent ay yung senshins na nagdevelop lang ang body. I didn't know na may nageexsist palang vitantur na nagmula sa pagiging shinigami. Our closest relatives are the senshins, though hindi rin kami lumalapit sa kanila. Like them, we also have sixth sense, green eyes and we can use inner voice, but we can never travel black dimension. But she can or once. Siguro nga dahil may shinigami blood siya. Sigurado akong ilang segundo lang din siya makaka-stay doon dahil hindi capable ang body niya.

"When she accidentally got inside, a shinigami noticed her. The shinigami thought that she was just a half shinigami, because she was suffering from pain due to the black dimension. The shinigami took her out. . ." huminto muna si Sir Kai, ". . . and I didn't know what happened next. We are lucky because that shinigami didn't know our exsistance, and she also didn't bother studying Kate."

Sir Kai's first sixth sense is really amazing. Kaya niya kasing mag-psychoscopy. He can read any information on any objects or people near him but he can only read the slightest of it, or by having physical contact with it where he can get more information. Nababasa niya ang mga details ng mga bagay, physical condition ng mga tao at nalalaman niya ang mga detalye sa utak ng isang tao. That's how he got those information about Kate.

"Bakit hanggang doon lang? You mean you didn't know what happened for the next 11 years? Mababasa mo naman 'yun gamit ang sixth sense mo diba?" Tanong ni Ma'am Darika.

"I can't."

Natahimik kaming lahat.

"Pagkatapos siyang madukot ay wala na akong makitang iba. Naging blank na 'yung mind niya."

"Naging blank?" Tanong ni Naori.

"Yes. Totally empty."

"Paano nangyari 'yon?" Tanong naman ni Ma'am Darika.

"I don't know, too. Kailangan ko pa siyang pag-aralan."

Natahimik kaming lahat pagkatapos nun. Paano naging blank ang utak niya? Amnesia? No. She obviously still remembers the past. I don't get how her mind got totally empty, for 11 long years.

She's so weird. First is her blood and now her mind?

"That's enough details, kids."

Hindi na ako nagulat kay Sir. Alam ko namang hindi na niya sasabihin ang iba pang details, either for mentors lang ito or simpleng ayaw lang talaga niya. Pagkatapos nun ay umalis na agad kami sa laboratory building at pumunta sa quarters.