Chapter 1

You and Levi have been dating for five years. Ever since he asked you to prom in your senior year in High School, you were inseparable. You were both more comfortable with taking baby steps in your relationship, but that changed two months ago.

Levi bought an apartment in downtown New York City. It was very nice, concerning it had a beautiful view. In the middle of helping him move in, he asked if you wanted to move in with him. Of course you were shocked but you eagerly accepted. Your parents didn't quite agree with the idea of you living with your boyfriend.

"He's nothing but trouble. I see that look in his eyes, I've seen it in others."

"Mom, I can take care of myself. I trust him. He would never do anything to hurt me."

"Your naive. You can't see through his looks. Yes he's attractive but you need to pay attention to the ones you lend your heart to."

Your mothers words echoed in your mind. You've always known Levi to be on the secretive side, but you never minded. He just wasn't open to talking about things and you respected that for the most part. It never bothered you that he never told you his phone password, or never let you hold it. It never bothered you that he went "out" some nights with a few guys friends but never told you where.

'He's always been faithful, and always will be.' You repeatedly thought to yourself.  'There's no reason for him to be cheating on me or doing anything of the sort.' At least that's what you believed.

It was Friday night, and the streets of New York were bustling with life. You planned a girls night with your three closest friends; Sasha, Christa and Ymir. You often planned nights to hang out with them, usually when Levi was out with his friends.

"(Y/N)! Over here!" Christa flailed her small arms to catch your attention as you searched for them on the sidewalk. Unfortunately, she was too short to reach over the crowd of people. Ymir grabbed her, lifting her up above the crowd. "Thanks!"

"Hey!" You jogged over to them, weaving amongst the strangers around you, but they all seemed too busy looking at their phones to acknowledge you. "Ready for girls night ladies?" They nodded and smiled.

"Where to this time?" Sasha beamed.

"We know where you wanna go. Don't worry we'll get food soon enough." Ymir exclaimed.

"Oh hush. How about that new restaurant a few blocks down? After that we should go shopping." Sasha proposed. They all nodded in agreement.

"Sounds great Sash." You replied.

You all grabbed a seat at one of the tables, ordering your food. The place was rather small, and crowded. Friday nights were always crowded, no matter where you went.

"So, how have you and the black haired menace been doing?" Ymir asked. You chuckled at the nickname.

"Well, we just finished rearranging the furniture. The apartment is officially done!" Ymir shook her head.

"No, I mean how has your relationship been doing. Is he treating you alright? Do I need to beat the shit out of the shorty?" To be completely honest, you weren't sure how to answer that question. Lately, he's been spending a great deal of time with his friends, leaving you with nothing to do but just sit around at home. You hated going places without him. He's also been more..... Irritated. When he comes home his face is full of anger, and confusion. You always ask him what's wrong but he simply says "Not now." And goes to bed.

"N-No everything's going fine." Ymir snorted.

"That's bullshit. Tell us the truth." She always knew when you were lying, and you hated it.

"He's...... Been spending an awful amount of time with his friends. I hardly see him. Yesterday I had to move the couch by myself." You confessed. Christa gasped.

"Tch. Are you sure?"

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is, are you sure he's actually going to see his friends?" Ymir continued. For some reason, you couldn't produce any words. Silence spread like wildfire between the four of you until Sasha finally spoke.

"We're not trying to pry, we care about you (Y/N). Always remember that. We just don't want to see you get hurt." Sasha put a hand on yours comfortingly.

"When's the next time he'll see his friends." Ymir asked, making quotations with her fingers at the word "friends."

"Tomorrow, why?" The waiter came, carrying the food they ordered. Sasha's mouth began to water as she stared down her plate.

"Why? You need to follow him. See if something shady's going on."

"Yeah, shady." Sasha chimed in, her mouth full of food.

As the night continued, you couldn't help but think about the conversation during dinner. You remembered what your mother told you several months back. We're you truly that blind?