Chapter 5

My deepest and sincerest apologies for the long wait! I haven't really had the motivation to write lately. But I'm slowly getting back into it! Enjoy this chapter guys ^^

Several months had passed since that heart shattering ordeal. You have been staying in Ymir's apartment ever since. Even though you were slowly getting back into the swing of things, your days had it's ups and downs.

Some days you were relaxed and yourself, while others you were caught in a battle between depression and anxiety. Some days you wouldn't even leave the safety of your own room.

"If you keep this up, there will be no recovering from this. You'll fall into a hole you won't be able to get yourself out of." Ymir explained, her hands on her hips.

"I'm fine Ymir. I'm getting better, trust me."

"No you are certainly not. Your like a sad and depressed little bunny. Most of the time you only come out of your room for food, or when you have work." As much as you hated what Ymir said, it was the truth. "I know you won't like me saying this but, I think it's time you tried finding someone else. You know, to fill the void?" She continued.

"Fill the void? What's that supposed to mea-"

"You know what I mean." She quickly interrupted.

You couldn't deny it. There were many times you thought about finding another lover. You couldn't decide wether it would help you forget about Levi, or make things even worse. You had to try something.

~

"Ymir, guess what!" Christa said excitedly. Ymir lifted her head from her laptop, blowing a strand of dark chestnut hair from her eyes.

"What is it."

"Mikasa and Eren are moving back from Japan and their going to be staying in New York!" She cheered, causing Ymir to sit up in interest. Ymir knew the relationship you used to hold with Eren. Before you and Levi were a thing, you and Eren had dated. Of course, all of that ended when he and his adopted sister had to move back to Japan. Ymir smirked. This would be the perfect opportunity to set you up with someone. After all, both of you did break up on good terms.

"He's moving back?" You quietly asked, slipping past your bedroom door and into the living room where Ymir and Christa were seated.

"Woah. It's actually alive?" Ymir joked. You rolled your eyes and trudged towards the couch. Christa shot Ymir a piercing glare before moving over to let you sit down.

"Yes! Eren and Mikasa are moving back. Their apartment won't be far from ours." Christa explained, turning her laptop screen towards you, revealing a picture of Eren and Mikasa posing in the Tokyo Airport.

"They haven't changed at all." You chuckled. They were both always so happy and positive, despite their troubled past. Erens mother died in a tragic accident when he was only 10. You never knew how she died, just that it was too gruesome to speak of, and you never questioned Eren about it either. Mikasa on the other hand had an even more depressing backstory. Both of her parents were killed by traffickers when she was only a small child.

"Eren's certainly become more mature, don't you think (Y/N)?" Ymir suggested, wriggling her brows. "He's even more attractive than before, which is somewhat hard to believe. Oi Christa."

"Y-Yes?" She quickly peeped her head up.

"Remember when all of the girls used to chase him and confess their undying love to him at school?"

"Mhm. He used to complain about how much it annoyed him."

"But he didn't seem to mind (Y/N)'s pursuits, did he now." Ymir smirked, taking a sip from her coffee mug.

"Tch. That was 7 years ago. He probably has a girlfriend now." You responded. Did he have a girlfriend? You quickly shook that question out of your mind.

"Since that picture was taken last night, their most likely on their way, if their not already here yet." Ymir explained as she further examined the picture.

Already here?

So soon?

"Oi. (Y/N)." Ymir interrupted your thoughts by snapping her long fingers in your face.

"Sorry."

"I asked you if you'd like to meet up with them this weekend. Christa's going to ask them if they wanted to go get lunch together or something, since it's been years since the last time we've all hung out."

"I mean, if it's too much for you, you don't have to come." Christa reassured you, sending you a warm smile. She has always been so kind. Ever since you started living with them in their apartment, she's been nothing but supportive and understanding.

"No. I can't just stay here and feel sorry for myself every single day. I'll go." You responded, causing Ymir to smile.

"Good."