Chapter 7

Levi's fingers glided across the piano, every note echoing along the walls of the dimly lit room. Several empty bottles of whiskey littered the floor beneath his feet. A light rain started, adding to the gloomy atmosphere.

For months, he had been slowly spiraling down into a hole he knew he could never get himself out of. He couldn't remember the last time he saw his friends, or even talked to anyone. Erwin had left him several messages and calls, but as the months went by, they stopped.

He couldn't get her off of his mind. The woman who plagued his every thought. All he could think about was what you were doing at this very moment. Are you happy? Did you move on? Had you found another lover to replace him? These thoughts constantly toyed with his mind.

He knew that you would never forgive him. What he did to you was unforgivable. He cursed himself for even thinking that he had the right to think about you in such a way anymore. A sudden banging from the door ripped him from his depressing thoughts.

Who the hell could that be. He thought to himself, trying carefully not to step on one of the empty liquor bottles scattered along the floor. He debated wether to even answer it, but the obnoxious knocking did not seem to stop.

"Who ever this is, I don't want anything to do with you." Levi spoke, his voice stern. There was a long period of silence.

"Just open the door, Levi." The stranger replied softly. Levi's eyes widened at the realization of who this was. Slowly unlocking the door, he pulled it open just enough for Erwin to see him, but not his apartment. He knew that the moment he saw just how far down he's gone, he would never give up on him.

"Not answering my calls? Quitting your job? Cutting yourself off from everyone you know?" Erwin explained, walking closer to him. "Now, I want you to explain everything to me. Leave no detail out. I'm hurt that you wouldn't even confide in me, since it must be something bad this time."

"It's none of your business." Levi spat. He knew he was hurting Erwin, but he would be willing to say anything to save him from being dragged into this. The last thing he wanted was to make his best friend worry like this.

"It's all my business." At those words, he pushed past Levi and entered his apartment. Levi yelled in protest but became silent. Erwin's eyes darted from the Bottles on the ground, to the pills along the counter. After several moments of silence, Erwin picked up one of the glass bottles and examined it. Turning to Levi, his face showed only pity and sadness.

"Don't you dare give me that look. I didn't let you in here just to be pitied like some helpless child." Levi explained. Erwin placed the bottle on the counter and walked over towards the couch. Pushing several empty bottles of whiskey off the couch, he lowered himself down, gesturing towards the seat next to him. Levi sighed as we walked to the couch and plopped down next to Erwin.

"I've seen you bad, but not this bad." He spoke, causing Levi to sigh.

"Tch. No ones ever seen me this bad." Levi responded. Erwin shifted his body to face Levi, his eyes searching Levi's, as if he were looking for something.

"It's about (Y/N) isn't it. Did something happen between the two of you?" Levi visibly winced. He cursed Erwin for being so deductive. Ever since they were children, Erwin had always seemed to find out things he didn't want him to know.

"I cheated on her." Levi managed to say. Saying those words felt like daggers in his throat. Erwin nodded, taking a swig of one of the half finished bottles of whiskey on the coffee table.

"And you still love her." Erwin concluded. Levi slowly nodded, running a hand through his raven locks. "Did you ever try apologizing to her?"

"Erwin, I cheated on her. I did the worst possible thing I could do to her. What do you expect me to do? Find her and say "Oh hi (Y/N), I just wanted to say sorry for having sex with another woman and completely breaking your heart. Will you forgive me?" I mean, come on." Levi fake laughed. He slumped further onto the couch, reaching for the last full whiskey bottle. Erwin quickly swatted his hand away.

"No more drinking for you. You've had plenty." Erwin explained, gesturing to the numerous bottles scattered along the floor.

"The hell I have." He grabbed the bottle. Erwin snatched it out of his hands, earning a death glare for Levi. "Give it back you... you... bushy browed dick." Erwin knew Levi would stop at nothing to get his hands on that bottle. He did the only option he could think of. Raising the bottle to his mouth, he quickly gulped the remaining liquid down, coughing afterwards. Levi slumped back down onto the couch, letting out a loud groan.

"Levi." Erwin said, placing the empty bottle onto the coffee table. Levi turned his head towards Erwin. "You need to stop this foolishness. You can't keep living like this. Yes, you did something unspeakable to your significant other. But, you just can't do this to yourself."

"I'll do whatever the hell I want." Levi muttered. Erwin shook his head in disappointment.

"When we were kids, I was the biggest wimp in existence. When ever we played on the playground at school I would fall all the time. I'd start crying and crying, even if I had a tiny scrape. I didn't even want to look at it, and you know what you used to say?" Erwin asked. Levi rolled his eyes. "You would tell me "get up you big baby. You can't keep crying like a little brat, just man up and look at it. If it's a big cut I'll carry you to the nurses office."

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?" Levi questioned, raising a brow. Erwin let out a small chuckle.

"What I'm trying to say, is that no matter how bad this is, you need to face it like a man. Don't keep wallowing in your apartment. Either let it go and forgive yourself, or find her and apologize." Erwin concluded. Levi knew his best friend was right. He was afraid what might happen if he continued down this path.

"Come on. I'm taking you out." Erwin interrupted his thoughts, standing up and heading to the door.

"I'm not leaving his apartment Erwin." Levi said.

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Levi....."

"Fine. But if I go out, your getting your eye brows waxed."

"Maybe."

__________________________

AN - Guys. I am soooooo sorry for not updating anything for like months. I just haven't had the motivation and I've been so busy with school and such. Sorry if this chapter is shitty, the next will be better. I'll try updating regularly! Love you all ❤️