Chapter 2

The stench of sex and cigarette smoke engulfed the room. It was 10:00 on Friday night. He never stayed this late.

"You know, you could always spend the night." The woman laying beside him suggested, a smug grin plastered on her defined features. She pushed a lock of long black hair from her face as she lit another cigarette.

"I can't." Levi stated bluntly, causing the girl to pout like a child.

"But babe." She ran a hand down his bare chest. "I thought we were having fun." Her long crimson nails dug into his skin, causing him to growl and pin her to the bed. He stared into her green eyes before smashing his lips onto hers in a rough kiss. He quickly pulled away, his expression turning into confusion, and guilt.

"I have to leave." He quickly stood up, gathering his clothes which were thrown in random places along the floor and getting dressed. He left the room before the woman had a chance to protest.

~

You arrived home at 10:00, tossing your shoes and jacket to an unknown section of the room.

"Levi? Sorry I'm late, Sasha wouldn't quit stopping for foo-" you paused, realizing the apartment was completely empty. "He's still not home?" You muttered, frowning. He's never this late. You plopped down onto the couch, turning on Netflix and watching your favorite show. Your mind couldn't help but drift to all the worst possible reasons why he wasn't home.

After about a half hour, your eye lids slowly began to fail on you, threatening to drag you into sleep. After a few minutes of fighting, you finally drifted into a deep slumber.

An hour later, the front door quietly opened, revealing Levi. He closed the door and crept into the living room, sighing with relief at the sight of you asleep. He headed towards the bedroom when he heard a soft voice.

"Levi?" You yawned and sat up. He continued to walk into the bedroom. "Levi." You stood up and followed him, grabbing his arm. He turned around, frowning. "Where have you been? It's 11:30!"

"We went to see a movie, it didn't let us out until 10:30. Sorry." He kissed you on the cheek and went to bed. You stood in the bedroom doorway, not knowing what to think. He would have texted you if he went to see a movie that late. Also, he smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. Neither he nor his friends smoke. His best friend Erwin hates it. You finally made up your mind. Tomorrow, you would follow him and finally have closure.

Your eyes fluttered open, squinting at the ray of sunlight blinding your vision. You looked to the clock. 8:45. Turning to Levi, you saw that he was a far distance away, his back facing you. It was as if he didn't want anything to do with you. This caused your heart to sink. He used to spoon you when you slept, his arms around you in a protective embrace. Even the kiss he gave you on the cheek last night felt cold and unloving.

As the day went on, neither of you spoke a word to each other. As he left as usual to see his friends, you were ready. You followed him down the stairwell and out into the streets. Your heart raced, pounding in your chest so hard you could hear it through your ears. What would you find, exactly? Would you find him with his friends? Or maybe you find him with another woman. What then?

Levi suddenly turned a corner, bringing you back from your thoughts. You quickly pushed past people to catch up, repeatedly apologizing. You stopped on the street corner where he disappeared, panting. 'Where the hell did he go? He couldn't have gone far.' You thought to yourself as you mentally face palmed.

Across the street you noticed his familiar jet black hair. You noticed that he was talking to a stranger. What scared you even more was that it was a woman. She had jet black hair just like him, but it was curled. Her eyes were a bright green, and her lips were a deep red. Her choice of clothing was rather revealing. She wore a short black dress which tightly hugged her curves, along with high heels.

A bus stopped directly in front of your view, causing you to mutter curses under your breath. You walked around it, but they had vanished. The sickening feeling in your stomach only grew. You thought of what he might be doing with that woman or if he truly followed her. Thoughts were racing through your mind faster than you could keep up with, but there was only one thing that stuck in your mind.

'Have I truly lost my Levi?'