IMAGINE 1: ZACH DEMPSEY (PT3)

IMAGINE 1: ZACH DEMPSEY (PART 3/?)

↳DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these characters besides Zoe Bradshaw. All rights belong to Jay Asher of 13 Reasons Why.

↳AUTHORS NOTE: WOW! 4k+ reads which is more then I could have imagined. Love you all so much! Please leave requests/feedback if you have any ideas for the next imagines (plot/names/character/etc) and don't forget to favorite it you're enjoying it! All love.

↳ALSO IM SORRY THIS IS KINDA SHORT BUT I WANTED TO GET SOMETHING OUT FOR YOU GUYS

WARNING-STRONG LANGUAGE, MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, (INDIRECT) MENTIONS OF RAPE

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞

Our bodies moved in synch as our lips collided with a swift yet passionate motion. It was as if we were an orchestra, the sweet notes of a flute, complementing the bass's thundering roars in order to create a perfect harmony. It felt like we were there for hours when in hindsight, it was only a few quick seconds until he dropped his hands.

"What, whats wrong?" I asked, still trying to compose myself

"Listen Zoe. I-I dont do this"

"Sit in a car?" I chuckled, trying to break the tension

"This. The dating and the girlfriend and the flowers." Zach kept head to the side, not meeting my eyes

"Who said anything about dating? I thought this is what you wanted. Easy."

Now he faced me, his piercing brown eyes now looking directly into mine "Zoe. You are ANYTHING but easy..I want this. Honest, I do. I just don't wanna, ya know, suck."

"THE Zach fucking Dempsey? Afraid of something? Now I guess I've seen it all." Our laughs filling the empty space in the car. "You won't suck okay? And if you do, don't worry. I'll be here with you the whole time."

"Perhaps someday" He responds, grabbing my hand "Ready to go on in?"

"Daisies" I replied

"What?"

"You said flowers before. And I really, really love daisies."

"Daisies it is."

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞

After we arrived at the diner, we took a small corner booth in the back as Zach fulfilled his promise to my milkshake.

"What flavor are you getting?" He asks, learning over the table to peer at my menu

"Chocolate- and hey you have a menu, go back over there you dork" I giggle as I pushed his head back to his side "What about you, the strawberry looks good"

"I can't, I'm allergic to strawberry. But I do like vanilla."

We then recited our order to the waitress, along with a basket of fries, and it seemed as nothing could go wrong today.

That was until Bryce Walker and his crew showed up. Even before turning around, I could hear their voices and knew that tonight was about to get a lot more interesting

"My man! DEMPSEYYY" Justin Foley shouts from across the room.

He runs over to our table and I am immediately hit with a distinct whiff of whiskey and desperation.

"So Jess found out. Ya know, about what really happened on the tapes." Justin's words slur as he tries to steady himself but ultimately fails and falls in the seat next to me.

Zach's usual cheery demeanor fades away and his eyes widen as he glares across the table "Dude. Not now."

"Why? Not now huh. OH I get it, its cause she's here right?" His sleazy arm draping over my shoulders

At that moment I wished I had could've got up and left but curiosity got the better of me and my feet just wouldn't move.

"What tapes? Is Jessica okay?" I inquired, worry flooding my voice

"Zoe, she's fine. Why don't you go out to the car for a b-"

"Oh Zach didn't tell you?" Justin says as he cuts him off "Yeah, yeah. Well you see, me and 12 other people, well we killed Hannah Baker!" A laugh escaping from his mouth "Oh and my buddy Zach over here, helped kill her too." By now Justin was hysterical, giggling like a school boy as if what he just said meant as much as a knock-knock joke.

I turned to Zach but he just stared at Justin. His mouth slightly ajar and his face expressionless. I looked around the rest of the diner and it was full of people, unaware about the interaction that just played out. I saw Bryce and Marcus sitting at a table on the other side of the room, probably talking about basketball or school dances or anything but murder.

By now Justin was passed out on the table, a pile of drool forming from his mouth.

After a few long moments, I spoke:

"I'm sorry but what the hell did he just say?"