[3] I Can Be Sneaky

{UNEDITED}-BEWARE!
I apologize in advance of the chapter's length. I really wanted to post something so here it is.

===================

Kara's Point of View

[11:30 A.M]

    Karen and I were speed walking through the busy streets of National City. We were trying to get to our wanted destination in a short amount of time. We were pushing through crowds of people who were walking in the opposite direction. Doing that gave us a responses of "hey!" "watch it" "are you serious" which we replied with "sorry" and kept moving on.

We were 3 blocks away from our objective. The herds of people stopped and it seemed to get quieter and a lot less tense.

"Ugh I hate walking, remind me why we didn't fly?" Karen complained with clear disdain planted on her face.

"Well as much I agree with you, about walking we can't have two supers flying around". I replied

"If we flew we would have gotten there much faster, and no time to go over our plan once more." I added

"Alright, but why are the people here are so rude?" she asked

"We were walking in the opposite direction and pushing into a crowd of people, and it's almost 12" I shrugged "Gotta be there before the rush I guess" I added

"Hmmm ok, let's go over the plan real quick"

"So I'll convince this person into giving information about CADMUS or eluding ways to find info". I recited

"Which won't be easy at all,because talking to this person is like talking to a brick wall that's cracked but not really open" I continued

"Brick wall that's cracked but not real-" she mumbled

"That doesn't even make any sense at all Kara" she laughed

"Shut up , you know what I mean" I huffed

"Actually I don't-" she started

"Okay!" I cut her off

"Back to what I was saying so I'll put on "Kara is cute bumbling mess, honest persona" to convince them that I only have good intentions and work from there"

"That doesn't seem like a full proof plan, Kara"

"I-"

"What if your persona isn't good enough and they see right through it?"

"What are you gonna do then?"

"If it doesn't work I'll force the information out of them." I responded with a smirk.

"How?" she asked.

"With violence?"she continued.

"No, with good ol trickery and deception" I smirked.

"Pfft,you sneaky? you can barely keep a secret" she said with surprise in her voice.

"Yes I can that's why I still haven't told you who it is yet." I fired back.

I received silence in return. I knew that I won that argument. We continued walking to our destination at a slower pace.

Which left me to my thoughts, images and memories of CADMUS flew into only making my anger increase. That all I'm working for will be worth it in the end. I was thinking of all the things that I'll do when that time comes. I was whisked out of my thoughts when Karen's voice piped up again.

"What if this person finds out that you lied and just used them for intel, and they're hurt about it?"

"That isn't my problem"

"Don't you think that's a little inconsiderate?"

" If I was taking other people's feelings into consideration, then we wouldn't be here" I responded and speed up a little bit before she could speak but I did catch wind of what she said.

"Man,What did they do to you in there?" she mumbled shaking her head at herself.

She eventually sped up we decided to talk about anything else besides the plan.

It was like a sudden breeze of nervousness hit me when we finally reached our destination.

"Woah, this place is huge" Karen said mirroring both our thoughts as we admired the building's immense structure.

My eyes scan the building finding that yet familiar and not so familiar logo. It casted a brooding shadow on the other side blocking the sun's warmth only inviting coldness like its previous predecessor.

The logo gave Karen a huge clue as to who I was convincing.

It was L-Corp.

===============

I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter.
Next one will be longer I promise. :)
Or hopefully.