6. Ghosts of the past

As Maya entered the bedroom she was astounded to see Revati lying in the bed.
She was perplexed, if God was playing a cruel joke on her. Her ghosts of the past stood right in front of her in flesh and blood.

This was even worse than her worst

nightmares. She left the room immediately. The girl whom she had liked instantly for her son was now an object to detest.

She excused herself and asked Mayank to take her to the hotel as she was feeling dizzy.

Mayank could not understand what has happened suddenly but still obeyed her. In the hotel room she asked to be left alone.

She was filled with anger and her mouth was filled with sourness.

Seeing Revati was like rubbing salt on a still healing wound. She wanted to speak to someone but this was not something she could share with her children. Suddenly she knew

in front of whom she could vent her grief.

She was not sure if the number she had right now is still working. She had not been in touch with anyone from Delhi since the day she had left it.

But still she had to try, so she picked up her phone and dialed the number.

Someone answered the call and she felt a rush of relief as she recognized the voice immediately.

Finally they decided to meet in an hour in the hotel coffee shop.