The Arrival Pt. 2

Yes I know what y'all are thinking, where in the hell have you been with updating the story? What the hell you've waited a whole freaking year to update! I know I know, if I was you guys I would've cussed my ass out too. I am currently writing the next chapter, but let me know what you guys think of this chapter.

Also I have a really good song that i've been listening to lately that I want to share with you guys. One of my good friends is breaking into the music scene and his single is called "Movie Star", by Sammy Cokas. It was just put out on ITunes, y'all should check it out! The youtube link will be up at the top of the page.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I quickly jolted up from my hot covers while trying to gasp for some much needed air. Trying to gather myself, I quickly hopped out of bed to change from my completely drenched pajamas. I decided on changing into shorts and a simple t-shirts, there was no way I could go back to sleep tonight. While I was rummaging through my clothes drawer I noticed that there was a cool draft in the room. Confused, I started scanning the room until I realized that the balcony doors were open. Which is odd because I thought that Tyler had closed the doors earlier. I slowly crept along the creaky floor boards towards the balcony doors so that I wouldn't disturb Tyler's sleep. It always amazes me how at night every little sound is somehow amplified, especially when you don't want to be heard. Focusing back on the task at hand i reached the door handle before I completely freeze. Looking straight ahead at me was a crow? The bird was calmly perched on the stoned banister staring at me with intelligent eyes. 

Something in my spirit didn't settle well with me, I slowly began to easy the door back towards me so that I could close it. I tried to make it close as fast as I could, but I didn't want the door to trigger the bird to do anything. The crow still didn't move when I finally closed the door. This was definitely not a normal bird, it seemed like it was aware of its surroundings. As I continued to have a staring contest with the bird I noticed a small movement of light that was in the secluded ruins that I saw earlier today. With a new resolution I ignored the creepy crow and hurried to get dressed. I decided to wear my hiking boots since I didn't know what I was going to walk into. Before I left I grabbed my keycard and phone so that I could use the flashlight feature, since I didn't bring an actual one for the trip.

I took a last look at Tyler to make sure she was still asleep, which I really didn't need to because that girl was knocked out with drool and all. Trying to withhold a chuckle, I smiled as I walked out of our hotel door. Slowly hearing the click I took that as my signal to start my mission. I seriously feel like Nancy Drew right now, sleuthing through the hallway so that I could get outside undetected. Knowing that my strict ass teacher and the volunteered chaperones were more than likely monitoring the hallways, I took extra precaution by using the stairwells, instead of the elevator. When I got to the ground floor I cracked the door leading to the hotel lobby only to see Ms. Hiller at the front desk. Does this woman never sleep, I swear she doesn't have a life. I decided to wait for her to leave so that I could make a run for it, but I saw that there were quite a few people behind the reception desk. I huffed out my irritation, this is definitely going to be harder than I thought. 

As I was still waiting for Ms. Hiller to leave I saw a smaller hallway that had a side door that led outside. I smirked, where there is a will there is a way Dawn. I made a run for it while Hiller was distracted and speed walked until I got outside. Finally I took a huge gulp of air to calm my beating heart, sleuthing is definitely hard work, I have to give props to Nancy Drew for that. Walking along the cobblestone I looked up at the clear night sky, a sense of peace came over me as I continued to look at the stars and the dark waters under it. I walked as lightly as possible through the cobblestoned paths. I needed to see what was in those ruins, it had been eating me alive all day. I got to the edge of the small village where I saw a small boat that was strapped onto the post. How convenient I chuckled, I grabbed the rope to untie the boat and quickly jumped to row towards my attended target. While I was rowing a small cool breeze started enclose on my again, looking around I saw nothing but darkness, but I used the light in the ruins to guide me across the waters.