ch. 6 (it's common sense)

ch. 6 - it's common sense!

-----

"Oikawa, you're back," Aoba Johsai's coach said. "How's the ankle?"

"It's fine. I can get back to regular practice," Oikawa replied. "It was just a light sprain."

Oh, man! If he sees me here, I will never hear the end of it! I slowly walked to the back of our group, and kept myself hidden from plain sight.

"Be careful, for crying out loud! You're the one that asked to play against Kageyama. What do we do without our official setter? It's embarrassing."

Does he know Kageyama personally?

Just then, a group of girls called out to Aoba Johsai's official setter, saying that he should be more careful. He waved at them with a smile, which caused them to swoon and sigh.

"Kageyama-kun, who's that laid-back guy?" Tanaka asked with that ridiculous expression plastered on his face. "I find him unpleasant."

"He's the captain of Seijoh," Daichi replied.

My shoulders tensed, and I clutched my clipboard tightly. Captain? The childish and obnoxious guy that helped me get home is THE captain of Seijoh?! What the hell is happening?

"Oikawa-san is a super-aggressive setter. His attack power is also at the top of his team," Kageyama said. For him to acknowledge someone else's abilities is saying something. "And, he's got a terrible personality. Maybe, even worse than Tsukishima's." I sweat-dropped at him.

Wait, does that mean he was faking his happy-go-lucky and surprisingly tolerable attitude when he was with me?

"Do you know him from Kitagawa Daichii?" Tanaka asked.

"Yes. He was my senpai in junior high," he replied.

At that moment, Oikawa turned around and waved at us. "Yoo-hoo! Long time no see, Tobio-chan! So nice to see you! Are you still doing the king thing?"

"I learned serving and blocking by watching him play," Kageyama continued. "His skills are extremely high. But, we have to focus on the match now. We're going to win the final set for sure. Tanaka-san! Please stop with the intimidation!"

Oikawa was then told to warm up by his coach, which he obeyed with a smile. He looked back at us with a knowing grin. His eyes then landed on me, which set my mental alarm off. I am compromised! Damn, I am so done for.

"Ah! Sora-chan? Is that you?" he called out with a wave.

My eyes budged out of its sockets. I desperately hid myself from him by covering my face with a clipboard, but it was too late.

"Sora-chan Yoo-hoo!" he obnoxiously called out to me.

I groaned in frustration. I mustered my fakest smile, and lowered my clipboard waveringly. "H-Hey, Oikawa. Didn't expect to see you here..." I nervously trailed off.

"What do you mean? You know I play volleyball, and you know I study in Aoba Johsai; it's common sense!" he said with a laugh.

The thought has come across to me that he might be part of the Aoba Johsai volleyball club, but I didn't expect him to be their captain.

"Sora-san! You know the Great King?" Hinata tugged at my sleeve.

My fellow club members looked at me with confused stares, especially Sugawara, which I just shrugged off. I let out an irritated sigh.