THREE. SOMEBODY ELSE

If ever such a warm place like Pop's could be so uninviting, this was the time

Ben stepped into the diner with sweaty palms and an uncontrollable shake in his movements. Never had he tried to sabotage anything, or try to flirt with a girl. Andy had much better charisma then he did, mostly because Andy was the sophomore who was supposed to be a junior. He was the older guy, the more experienced guy, Ben was the one who had to convince a girl he wasn't thirteen years old.

"Hey, Pop." he said, slightly breathless. "One Oreo milkshake, to go please."

"Coming up." Pop said with a smile. Before he got to work, he pointed. "You're friends are over there, by the way."

He cleared his throat, nodding as if he hadn't been staring at them for the past two minutes. Veronica was with them, using her effortless elegance to successfully make Archie drool for her. Betty sat there, uncomfortable but still trying to be nice. He took his time, using his phone as a distraction to bring himself closer to the booth. "I'm Breakfast at Tiffany's, but this place is strictly In Cold Blood."

At this point, Pop called out for his milkshake and he picked it up, thanking the older man. Veronica glanced over, a playful spark coming to her eyes. If Ben wasn't going to make a move, she would for him.

"Hey, stranger." She called over to him, making his head whip up cluelessly. She strutted over to him, looping her arms around his like she did previously. Lowly, she spoke in his ear. "Go with it." All Ben could do was sip his milkshake and play along.

"I'm Veronica Lodge." She said to the two at the booth who were gaping up at Ben.

"Archie Andrews." Archie said, not taking his eyes off the boy. "Uh, this is Betty Cooper."

Betty was silent, too busy being unable to comprehend what was in front of her.

Veronica blinked at the name. "Wait, are you...?"

"Supposed to be giving you your tour tomorrow?" Betty snapped out of it. "Yes. I'm your peer mentor."

The ebony haired girl on his arm pouted. "Aw, I was kind of hoping Ben could show me around. I'm guessing you guys...?" She pointed between them, feigning a dumb look.

Betty was the first to interject. "We know each other."

Ben nodded. "We're friends."

"Best friends." Archie added.

Come on, man, he thought.

"Oh, well this just gets better and better." Veronica pulled him in closer, causing him to look at her. He didn't notice Betty flinch at the action. "Maybe you could both help me tour the school. It'll be like the Lizzie McGuire gang all over again."

"Dibs on Miranda." Ben said, causing her to giggle. Betty didn't react.

"Hell no, you're Gordo a hundred per cent." this time, Betty began to chew on her nail.