FOUR. MIND YOUR BUSINESS

"Thank you for that moment of silence

"Thank you for that moment of silence. Many of you were lucky enough to have known my brother personally. Each and every one of you meant the world to Jason."

As much as Cheryl annoyed Ben to no end, no one should have to go through what her family was going through.

It seemed the whole school shared the same sentiment as they gathered for an assembly dedicated to the memory of said missing Blossom twin. His sister stood front of them all, dressed in what could only be described as 'sexy grieving widow' despite the missing being her brother. Ben sat near the back, a little bit away from his friends. He sat next to his brother, who was as stiff as a board next to him, emotion rattling him every few moments. Ben didn't bother him, only putting his hand on his arm to let him know he was there for him.

Cheryl continued, holding everyone's gaze with a sadness that had most people enamoured with the red head. "I loved my brother. He was and always will be my soulmate. So I speak with the confidence only a twin could have..."

"Hey," Andy whispered to him, "did Cheryl talk to you this morning?" Ben nodded, although a little unsure as to why this topic of conversation was being raised in an assembly to mourn the loss of a student. "And what did you say?"

"I told her no thanks."

"I asked her to do that, you know." Ben couldn't help but smirk, he knew she wouldn't do something like that on her own accord. "I put my own reputation on the line, and you said no?"

"Jason wouldn't want us to spend the year mourning. Jason would want us to move on with our lives."

To try and not make too much noise, he leaned a little closer. "I have all the friends I need at the moment."

"You have a chance to be popular again."

"I have a chance to be wallpaper again." Andy didn't respond. "Face it, Andy, I was only popular because I was your brother. I'd rather have friends I know will still know my name next year."

Andy sighed. "You're making a big mistake."

"Which is why I've asked the School Board not to cancel the Back-to-School semiformal!"

Ben began to clap with the rest of the crowd, smiling as his gaze dropped down to the group, where Veronica, Kevin and Betty sat side by side. Betty glanced back up at him, smiling excitedly. His grin matched hers. "Nah, I don't think I am." His look lingered a few more seconds on Betty who had turned back around.

When he began to go back to the assembly, his eyes caught someone else. It was Ms. Grundy, seemingly anxious and jittery, her attention clearly not on the ceremony going on in front of her. No, it looked like she was locking eyes with someone she knew she shouldn't. Ben followed her gaze, leading back to his friends group once more. He frowned, going through the line of people in the bleacher. No one was looking at her except for one person, one very familiar person. Archie Andrews and Ms. Grundy were sharing an intense stare-off. As the assembly continued, Ben spent the rest of it watching the two continually glance at each other furtively. Something was going on there, and Ben couldn't help the curiosity peak within him.