Chapter 8

You watch the men leave you behind. As you turn around you are pushed back by Carl walking off.

"Where are you going?" You question him as you run after him.

As you grasp his arm, he spins around and glares at you. He is fully set on leaving, no matter what. He whips around again and keeps walking in the opposite direction. He's pulling you with him as you cut your heels into the ground. Carl stops again and exhales loudly.

"Look, I know you want to be a good care taker. I get it. But I don't need your help. " Carl says as he yanks free from your grip.

You hear a soft sound coming from behind you making you jump. No ones there, yet you could have sworn something made a noise. Listening carefully, you debunk it as not being a Walker nor animal because you cant hear anything anyway. Looking back at Carl, he is already several meters ahead of you.

"Carl please! I don't want you hurt!" you scream.

Almost as if on cue, a Walker comes out from the bushes and ambushed Carl, knocking him on his  ass.  You rush towards him fast in hopes that he isn't bitten. When you arrive at the scene Carl is struggling to get the dead off of him. You rip the Walker off of him and pierce its head. As it falls to the ground, Carl stands up and pats all of the dirt off of his pants and shirt.

"Thanks." he murmurs.

"What? I couldn't hear you over the sound of that badass save!" You gloat.

Carl smiles and slides his gun back into the holster. He thinks about it before pulling it out again and checking how many bullets he has; one. You do the same and find you have none. Guess it means that the next run if for ammo. Eventually you guys realize something, somehow, you two have managed to get tangled up the forest. neither of you can find a way out, but the sounds of moans in the distance help you find your way.

The moans are coming from the house, where you left Jessica.