Chapter 14: His Proposal

~Lucy's POV~

"Is it true that Gajeel is going to say something romantic to you everyday?" Wendy asked Levy.

Levy smiled and nodded. "That's what he promised."

Juvia scooted over so she was sitting next to Levy. "Do you think he'll be able to come through?"

"I'm sure he will."

I glanced at Wendy who was sitting with her knees up, a thoughtful look on her face. I looked back at the other girls with a questioning look and they shrugged.

But of course Mira knew what was going on because she smirked and took a seat next to Wendy. "Something bothering you Wendy?"

The young wizard didn't respond. She just continued to stare into space.

Mira waved her hand in front of her face and that's what got Wendy to blink and then look over at Mira as if she was some sort of alien.

"Oh hey Mira," Wendy chirped.

Mira cleared her throat. "Hey Wendy. Who- I mean what were you thinking about?"

The little girl's cheeks were immediately incased in blush and she found a sudden interest in her shoes because she continuously stared at them. "N-nothing."

A realization crossed my mind as I understood what, or rather who, she was thinking about. The thought made me smile. Her first crush.

I glanced at Levy and she immediately understood. "You know Levy, the other day Romeo-"

"Romeo?" Wendy suddenly looked up as if simply his name peeked her interest.

I smirked. "So that's who you were thinking about. Why didn't you just say so?"

Wendy blinked as the realization hit her of what she had just done and so she returned to her new found hobby of staring at her shoes. "I-I wasn't thinking about him."

Erza folded her arms and slowly came closer to Wendy and I knew her wise side had arisen. "It seems that young Wendy here has a fascination with whom we call Romeo."

Juvia nodded. "Not a surprise, his name matches the hero of a classic tale."

"And although her name is not so, Wendy can be his Juliet," Levy added.

I shook my head. "She can't be his Juliet, they both die in the end."

Levy blinked. "Oh yeah. Okay then she will be his Wendy."

"That seems appropriate," Erza approved. "As I was saying, boys may seem stupid at first, but-"

"But they get better?" Wendy asked hopefully.

Erza laughed. "Nope, they stay the same. But eventually, even their stupidity seems cute."

Juvia raised her eyebrows. "Wow, Erza has evolved."

"I've changed ever since Jellal came back into my life," Erza reminisced fondly.

I smiled at their relationship. It was so perfect.
Jellal was a really great guy and he was always looking out for her; he never left her side.

Unlike-

No. I wasn't going to start the comparisons again. That would show how much Natsu affected me and I had to prove that he didn't.

Levy put her hand on Wendy's shoulder. "Wendy, Romeo is a great guy. But it's important to remember that he's being influenced by the idiots in our guild, so don't expect him not to do stupid stuff sometimes."