Chapter 15: A Memorable Night

~Erza's POV~

I handed Jellal a towel and he dried himself off, glancing at me once in a while.

After the prank had gone wrong and fallen on Jellal at the worst time possible, I explained to him what had happened and surprisingly enough he just laughed.

The rest of the boys found the whole scenario hysterical and I bet they were still on the floor, laughing uncontrollably.

They claimed it was a good idea but fate was on their side today so our plan didn't work.

The girls and I, of course, felt really bad about it because it happened right after the greatest moment in my life.

They apologized a lot to Jellal but he just waved it off and said it was fine. He said that without pranks, our guild wouldn't be known as Fairy Tail and that he also found the situation kind of amusing.

After that, he took me away to a corner with the claim that I needed to help him dry off at which point everyone smirked and threw out "those" comments. I turned red but Jellal just laughed again and proceeded to take me away.

I examined Jellal as he dried off his hair and then put the towel on a nearby branch and out of nowhere took off his shirt.

I looked at him for a few seconds, blush encasing my cheeks before quickly turning away when I heard him chuckle.

"You should've warned me," I chastised.

"Erza, you realize that we're engaged now right? And pretty soon we'll be married. You should be used to this stuff by now," he claimed.

I could tell he was saying all that to tease me and even though I wasn't looking at him right now, I could tell he had a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes. "We'll be married soon. We aren't married yet. So until then, I'd prefer to be warned."

"And why is that?" he asked.

I felt him come closer to me but I didn't turn around.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and turned me around and I noticed that he still wasn't wearing a shirt. "Do I make you nervous like this?"

"N-no," I lied.

He lifted my chin up. "Your face is telling a whole different story."

"My face isn't a narrator that it's going to tell you a story," I remarked.

Jellal chuckled. "It's good to see that you haven't changed."

"I never will."

"Good, because I don't want anyone different. I only want you."

I felt my heartbeat pick up as he gazed into my eyes. It was like as soon as he started looking at me, I stared to get nervous. And I never got nervous. So the fact that he could make me feel that way made me sure of the fact that spending my entire life with him would be an adventure.

Jellal smiled and kissed my cheek before letting go of me and, thankfully, putting on a new shirt.

He was changed and so my job here was done. I turned to leave but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back so that I was facing him once more.