chapter fifteen

[ MATURE CHAPTER ]

"Listen, before you start to freak out-"

"Before I start to freak out? Malfoy, it's the bloody dead of night, and you just used floo powder to get into the Burrow! I thought you were an intruder, which you kind of are. I could've killed you!" Harry snapped, glaring at the blond wizard who stood in the corner, head bowed shamefully as he was yelled at.

"Why don't you?" Draco asked suddenly, and Harry's rapid-fire ranting faltered. He gazed at the blond with interest, chest hurting just looking at him, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm an arse, Potter. I'm an absolute arse to you, and I'm so incredibly sorry for being such an ignorant, difficult twat. How do you put up with me?" Draco took a step forward, facial expression still that of shame, and now sadness too. Harry stood awkwardly, wanting to comfort the blond, but not knowing if it was a trap or not.

He would not survive another trap involving Draco Malfoy. He just wouldn't. Hearing the kiss had meant nothing, it had nearly killed Harry, and if this apology was just bullshit, his heart would most likely cease to work any longer.

"With great difficulty. You are a real prat, so it's good of you to admit that. Now, why are you here?" Harry asked after a moment of contemplation. He should kick Draco out of the house right now, but... he just can't. Something inside him won't let him, and so he can't.

Draco took another step towards Harry, which caused him to take a step back, self-conscious. One step forward, another step back. Harry reached for his wand, which he had been smart enough to grab on his way down the steps.

"Because, I- Wow, this is difficult. I pictured this so differently in my head. Ugh. Um, I want you to know that really, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done to you in the past. I want to make up for it. I want to be a better person, and not just for myself, but really, for you." The blond admitted, and Harry's mouth falls open, stunned. The grey-eyed wizard took another step forward, but Harry stood still. Their feet were almost touching by this point.

"For... for me?" Harry asked, angry with himself for stuttering. Now, Draco is right in front of him, and he's moved his arms dangerously close to Harry, but the green-eyed wizard still hasn't taken another step back.

"For you. Always for you." Draco wrapped his arms around Harry's waist, and the boy's heart rate sped up then, and he feared the blond may hear it, or feel him shaking.

"But you said-"

"I know what I said, and even more importantly, I know I'm an idiot. Merlin, I'm an idiot. I'm more of an idiot than even Goyle, I swear it. I hurt you, badly, and I'm so sorry. I- I never wanted... I never want to hurt you ever again. Please forgive me, I'm begging you." The blond's head falls into the crook of Harry's neck, and he breathes in the green-eyed wizard's scent heavily. Tears have threatened to spill again, but Draco had promised himself he would stay strong, and so he has to, no matter the outcome.

"Draco, I don't know what to say..." Harry trailed, taking notice that he'd called the blond by his first name, but he didn't seem to care. By this point, he had also wrapped his arms around the other, and was rubbing his back in slow circles as he seemingly broke into a thousand pieces before him.

"Then don't say anything." The blond whispered, and then pulled his head from the crook of Harry's neck and looked him dead in the eyes. "Let's go somewhere."

"Where?" Harry asked, entirely intoxicated by the blond's close proximity. He didn't mind though, as Draco looked wonderful in the moonlight, and he smelled of tea, and his lips were awfully pale and thin, and Harry desperately wanted to change their condition.