Where Are We?

Sonic woke up with a massive headache, his ears buzzing loudly. He opened his eyes but immediately closed them, as the light shining down on him was much too bright at the moment. The cobalt blue ‘hog was confused, needless to say. Where was he? What happened? Why did he have this gosh-darned headache!?

Sonic kept his eyes shut for another 5 minutes or so, trying to figure out what was happening without his eyes…which proved pretty ineffective. At least, until he heard a groan to his left.

“…Huh? Who’s there?”

A moment of silence followed before Sonic finally got his answer.

“It’s me, you dolt.” Rasped a familiar voice.

“Shadow?” “Who else?”

Sonic finally gained the willpower to open his eyes, making a point to turn his head to the side before doing so. He squinted and blinked a few times. Sure enough, a black figure was lying next to him, staring right back.

“Do you know what happened?” asked Sonic weakly, the loud noises still bothering his fading headache. Shadow hummed in response before he responded. “We were captured. Knocked out.” The wheels in Sonic’s head started spinning…he was silent for a moment, then asked another question. “By who? Where are we?”

Shadow growled softly before nodding his head towards Sonic’s right. Carefully avoiding looking directly up, he turned his head and his eyes widened. Bots of all kinds were standing outside of what appeared to be glass. Upon further inspection, it was revealed that none of them were actually on…deactivated. They all had an Eggman logo on them as well, and that answered both of Sonic’s questions.

They were trapped in Eggman’s base.