Todoroki Shouto - Lucky Charm

A Todoroki one-shot requested by : @BlueAndRedChaos
Hope you enjoy~~ ^^ Sorry if he seems out of character in some parts ㅠㅠ
And please excuse my rather sad attempt at drawing a clover ㅠㅠ
---
Todoroki sighed, not particularly satisfied with his test result he had just received. Despite keeping a relatively calm facial expression, his heart dropped as his eyes scanned the thin piece of paper.
"The majority of you lot did pretty well on this test," Aizawa grumbled, barely audible from where Todoroki sat, "those of you who didn't though... Well let's just say you have some reconsidering to do."
Todoroki uncharacteristically shuffled his feet slightly, as he couldn't help but feel that the slightly disappointed glance was directed at him.

Throughout the day Todoroki carried the burden of his rather unheroic test result, his thoughts only got heavier as he walked the seemingly endless way home. His eyebrows furrowed together - 'If I don't get it together now, I might not even be able to become a hero.' Todoroki's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden rupture in the ground below his feet, and through the rupture came abnormally large roots - randomly dispersing across the shopping district. Todoroki was taken by surprise, and due to him being so immersed in conversing with himself, he wasn't able to react fast enough to prevent himself from tripping over one of them and toppling to the floor. Despite his monotonous expression, he did feel a tinge of frustration etching its way to his eyebrow as they knit slightly closer together than usual.
"O-oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!!" A frail voice called out, and soon a small hand was extended towards Todoroki "Are you okay?"
He looked up to see a girl, about his age, with (H/L) (H/C) hair peering down at him with a concerned expression. Reluctantly he got himself up, disregarding the girls gesture of help.
"Yeah, it's fine." He put bluntly as he tried to walk away, only to have his hand pulled back.
"N-no! I feel really bad," the girl frowned "please let me do something to make it up to you."

Despite Todoroki's many protests, he eventually gave into the girls pleas, and was taken to a small café in the shopping district. He soon learnt that the girl's name was (Y/N) (L/N), and that her family owned the café. She was a kind girl, of good nature, Todoroki could tell. Who would go out of their way to make something up to a stranger? He was rather concerned that this girl could get herself into trouble from her soft heart. After talking about each other slightly, although it took a lot of effort from (Y/N)'s side to get Todoroki to hold a conversation, he took an interest in her quirk : 'Ecokynethis' she called it. As common as the quirk seemed, Todoroki had never actually become acquainted with someone who had a nature manipulation quirk.
"Your quirk is quite powerful, are you part of a hero course somewhere?" He asks, his face rested in his right palm as his elbows were propped up on the table.
"Ah- Ahaha... Unfortunately not," (Y/N) attempted a smile as she placed a cup of lemon tea next to Todoroki. He gratefully accepted it and took a sip, feeling as though he may have accidentally brushed upon a sensitive topic.
"I-I mean, I would love to - really," she continued "being a hero and helping others... It sounds great, really! But..."
"But?"
"I just don't think I'm brave enough to do something like that." she grinned sheepishly - scratching the back of her neck. Todoroki stared back her for a while, his eyebrows knit together again and he sighed.
"Isn't the thought of wanting to help others enough?" Todoroki inquired, "You don't have to be brave to want to help someone. You just have to be a good person that's all. And it seems to me like you already have that mindset."
"T-Todoroki-kun..." (Y/N) stared back at him in awe - she's never been encouraged to become a hero, only told that it was a foolish dream. "Y-you really think so?"
"Well that's up to you, (L/N)."
(Y/N) grinned bashfully "Thank you, Todoroki-kun - I'll think about it."
Todoroki smiled. It was a very uncharacteristic and rare gesture from him - a small smile too, perhaps not even noticeable - but it was real.

"O-oh before you go!" (Y/N) called after Todoroki, who was just about to make his leave. She stood before him, taking his hands in hers. Todoroki stared at the girl, who had now closed her eyes.
"(L/N), what're you..?"
The two stood there for a short while, before (Y/N) opened her eyes, and released Todoroki's hands. Todoroki un gripped his clenched fists, only to find a small four leaf clover staring back at him.
"What's this?"
"It's a charm," (Y/N) smiled sheepishly "it's a bit of a puny gift to say thank you but, please accept it."
He stood there, with the same monotonous expression before sighing.
"See you, (L/N)." He waved curtly, continuing to make his way out of the shop.
"Bye-bye Todoroki-kun, please come visit again!" (Y/N) chirped, waving back.
"Oh, and good luck with your hero studies!!"
Todoroki smiled inwardly to himself, having been able to forget all about his misfortune for a while. With this lucky charm, he felt he wouldn't experience the same disappointment.