Monoma Neito - Respect

Hello hello there~!! I'm so sorry this took a little while to write - I'm on study leave and have had three of my exams this week ㅠㅠ
Anyways, this was a request for : @koouha !!
Hope you enjoy!! Oh and I'm so sorry if I didn't exactly grasp the "badass" character for the reader - I'm the complete opposite of badass, so when writing this I pictured the reader as someone like Aiz Wallenshtine or Mikasa Ackerman. They're both plenty badass ^^

It had been two weeks into the new school term, and two weeks since class 1-B's seat change. Usually Monoma had no trouble with seat changes, he could get along with just about anyone in the class. Only this time, he was sat next to a rather peculiar student.

(Y/N) (L/N) : She had just transferred into UA from the second term and had miraculously scored one of the highest results in the end of term one test - despite not having taken part in any of the lessons of that term. Her quirk still remained unknown, as she had never fully showcased it in class. From what Monoma had already seen, he deducted it was a water manipulation quirk - quite cool actually. However what Monoma had never seen, was her having a proper conversation with anyone. Kendou had tried to talk to her a couple times, trying to make her feel the slightest bit comfortable, but those chats would never last long. He guessed that she was just not a big talker.

"Alright that's about it for today." Kan announced, closing his text book and shutting off the computer.
"Um Mr. Blood we still have two periods left though?" Tetsutetsu called out from his seat, clearly puzzled.
"Ah right, I forgot to tell you guys yesterday didn't I?" The class looked back at him, confusion plastered on their faces. "After lunch, all first years are to meet up on the track. In your track suits, is that clear?"
"Yes sir!"

"(L/N) lets go change together," Kendou walked up to (Y/N)'s desk, lunch and track suit in hand.
"Okay." (Y/N) replied bluntly, pulling out her lunchbox and change of clothes from her bag before her movements stopped abruptly.
"He said all first years, right?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.
"Huh? Oh yeah! You haven't met the students from 1-A yet have you?" Kendou grinned, showing her obvious happiness from (Y/N) holding a conversation with her .
"They're... an interesting bunch."
Monoma perked up at the mention of class 1-A and sighed audibly, earning a confused glance from the two girls.
"Interesting is a bit of an understatement," he chuckled dryly "they're egoistic and a hot headed mess. You shouldn't even try to compare yourself to them (L/N)-san."
And with that he walked off to the male changing room, leaving the two girls to stare at his retreating figure.
"Ahaha," Kendou smiled apologetically "don't listen to him. He's just a bit hard headed when it comes to the other class."
(Y/N) nodded, wondering just how bad this class 1-A could be.

Soon lunch was over and all students were gathered on the large track outside the building. Blood King and Aizawa were stood at the front, registering everyone before explaining the plan for that afternoon. The students were to break off into groups, which had already been assigned, to do team building exercises across classes. It was essential as future heroes to be able to work with anyone in any given situation. Monoma glanced over at (Y/N), only to find her spacing out completely - probably not hearing a single word of what the teachers were saying. He smiled to himself, something about looking at her was comforting.
"Your teams are written on this whiteboard, so come check it and get to it." Aizawa mumbled lazily, voice trailing off towards the end.

Unlike most of the students, Monoma walked towards the board slowly, wanting to avoid the chaos of pushing and shoving eachother. The sight was quite amusing actually, all the first years looked like a herd of elephants trampling over one another. By the time he got there, most of the students had finished identifying their groups and he was left to scan for his own.
"Tetsutetsu... Midoriya... (L/N)?" He grinned slyly, being quite pleased with his group. At least he wasn't with that crazy Bakugou kid. He lightly jogged towards where his group had gathered.
"A-ah! Monoma-kun, let's work well together!" Midoriya fumbled for his words, slightly terrified by the class 1-B members.
"Ahah, why're you saying that as if your looking down on me~?" He chuckled.
"I-I'm not!" Midoriya flailed his arms slightly "I just hope we can get along that's all! R-Right (L/N)-san?"
"Hm? Yeah, I guess." (Y/N) shrugged, clearly not bothered by the quarreling.
A sudden gunshot caught the attention of them, and all heads turned towards Aizawa. He held a pistol in the air and brought a megaphone to his mouth.
"Okay well first lets have a team VS team battle." He scanned the crowd "First up lets have Bakugou's team against... Midoriya - your team."
"Wh-what!?" Midoriya yelped slightly before mumbling in a barely audible manner.

Bakugou's team consisted of himself, Shiozaki, Jirou and Aoyama. The students lined themselves up on opposing sides of the small 'battle field' space, each holding a stable stance, waiting for the pistol to be shot.
"Oh great, we get to go face to face with that hot headed bastard again." Monoma chimed sarcastically, earning a glare from Bakugou.
"The hell did you just say you lil' fuck?"
"You have five minutes to either get all opposing players out of bounds, or to get them to say they give up." Aizawa called out, holding the pistol in the air.
"Ready,"
"Set..."
"Go."
Soon Bakugou was on his feet, bombastically exploding the field as he drew closer to Monoma, his fist clenched and ready to throw a punch.
"I'll make you take back those words!"
Monoma swiftly countered with the same exact movement causing both of them to be knocked back, the teams catching them before they were thrown out of bounds.
"W-we didn't have any time to plan anything." Midoriya stuttered, pulling Monoma to his feet again.
"No time for that now, either." Monoma replied curtly, pushing Midoriya out of the way from Shiozaki's vines. Tetsutetsu however had not been as lucky and was instantaneously thrown out.
"Tersutetsu, out! Three minutes remaining." Blood King called out, waving the timer in the air.
"This can't be good." Monoma laughed dryly. Despite his calm looks, he hated to lose. Especially if it was to anyone from 1-A.
"GO!"
And with that one call, Bakugou's whole team charged forwards. Shiozaki's vines whipped around at lightening speed, Aoyama frantically shot his laser in random directions and Bakugou violently destroyed anything in his path.
"Oi, earplug." Bakugou called out, before suddenly jolting back to the opposite side of the field.
"Got it." Jirou, who Midoriya and Monoma had completely forgotten about, plugged her earpiece into the ground, pushing the whole team back with immense force until...
"Midoriya, out!"
"Oh great~" Monoma sang, yet again in a sarcastic tone. Taking the opposing teams misfortune as a chance, Bakugou's team sprang forwards. 'Oh well, at least I tried' Monoma sighed to himself, preparing for the impact. But it never came. His eyes widened when he saw (Y/N) - who he had almost completely forgotten about - leaping around the field at such a high speed it was almost impossible to keep watch. She spun around Shiozaki, cleverly grabbing hold of her vines and swinging her out of bounds in one go. Without even breaking a sweat, she then took out Aoyama, who had hurt his stomach from firing his laser too much. She hurried back to Monoma's side, looking ahead at Bakugou and Jirou.
"(L-L/N) you..." Monoma stared at her in disbelief, earning a confused head tilt from the girl.
"Looks like you two are quite laid back there, but don't forget that I'm gonna kill the both of you!" Bakugou shouted as he maneuvered towards the two, explosive ashes trailing behind him in a thick cloud of smoke.
"Kill...?" (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows together before placing both hands on the ground.
"Monoma, come here." She pulled him to her side on the ground - causing the male to blush at their proximity "Hold on okay?"
Monoma lifted an eyebrow in confusion, "What're you-"
His sentence was interrupted by a huge spring of water erupting from the ground, blocking view of the entire battle field. If he had been standing where he previously was, he would've been knocked meters into the air - and boy, that would be one hell of a painful landing. The water abruptly cut off, and small water particles showered from above - each bead of precipitation glistening in the harsh sunlight before scattering on the ground decorated with puddles. (L/N) leapt up to catch Jirou, and upon her quick landing, formed a small pond on the ground for Bakugou to land in.
"Alright," Aizawa called out, completely drenched from the sudden shower "Midoriya's team wins."
The students broke into cheers as they applauded the well fought game.
"I totally thought Bakugou would win!"
"Who is she!?"
"I don't know, but she's a total badass!"

Bakugou dragged himself out of the pond, infuriated as he walked towards (Y/N).
"Oi, you," he called out "who the hell are you."
(Y/N)'s eyebrows knit together, confused as to why the explosive, spike haired male was so enraged.
"(Y/N)-"
"She's (Y/N) (L/N)." Monoma interrupted, stepping in front of (Y/N) in a rather protective stance as his arms folded across his chest.
"(L/N)? Well listen (L/N), this time was a fluke. I'll beat the shit out of you next time." And with that Bakugou turned away, marching off with his hands shoved deeply into his pockets.
"Don't listen to him (L/N), he's just being a sore loser."
(Y/N) hummed in response, walking off in the other direction. This shocked Monoma and he blinked in surprise for a second, then chuckled at how seemingly unfazed she was.
"I guess I didn't need to cheer you up." He sighed under his breath, still amazed at the transfer student - she was definitely something.

She seemed to be slightly dense, maybe even a bit of an airhead : awkward and antisocial even. But she was definitely a badass fighter, and would perhaps someday become a great hero, worthy of his respect.

---

Thank you for reading!! And again, apologies for how long this took ㅠㅠ I'll try my best to update as much as I can even during study leave!! Stay healthy~!! ♡♡