Chapter 22

NATASHA'S POV
"No!" Bucky slammed his fist down on the table. "We can't just sit here and do nothing! We have to find them!"
"Bucky, calm down. We're all just as worried as you are." Wanda told him.
"My sister has been taken by HYDRA! What if they're just using her and Loki to get to me and Natasha?"
"Look, Bucky, Tony's working as fast as he can to find out where they are and Thor's doing a sweep of the area as we speak. We'll find them." I tried calming my friend down.
"And how long will that take? What if, by the time we find them, it's too late?"
"It won't be." After I spoke, Thor came trundling in, Mjölnir in hand. "What did you find?" I asked.
"Nothing." Thor said grimly.
"We'll find them, Bucky." Wanda held Bucky's hand in hers. "I promise."
"Wanda's right." Tony walked in. "I've found them."

KIARA'S POV
HYDRA. I hate the whole lot of them. They kidnapped me once before, and now again, along with Loki.
"What are they going to do to us?" Loki asked quietly. We had been locked in a cell after we were brought here. Wherever "here" is.
"I don't know." I lied.
"You've been taken before, haven't you?"
"How do you think I got my powers?" I felt uncomfortable talking about it. Loki's face flooded with realisation. It was obvious he wanted to know more, but didn't have the courage to ask. "I, uh, I was 18. It was a few years before the war started. Hydra kidnapped me, took me from my own home to their base."
"Why did they take you?"
"They wanted a weapon. They used me for experiments and, after weeks of torture, I had gained powers. I guess they didn't take into account that I could use my new powers to rebel." I stopped talking, letting Loki figure out the rest.
"You killed them." Loki looked at me, his eyes filled with sorrow and regret.
"I did what I had to do." I whispered.
"I'm sorry I tried to take over Earth. And that I tried to kill The Avengers."
"Don't be. They hurt you more than you hurt them." Loki chuckled softly. "But you deserved it. You killed Phil Coulson and nothing will ever make up for that." Loki smiled weakly.
"I'm glad Thor has you. He could use a voice of reason." Loki joked. We both laughed lightly, before our cell door swung open. There stood Thor and Natasha, looking relieved as hell.
"Thor!" I exclaimed, running up to him, receiving a half-hug, half-kiss in return.
"It's a Kodak moment." I heard Nat sigh. She gave Loki a kiss on the cheek. I smiled brightly, before thinking of Bucky.
"Where's Bucky? Did he come with you?"
"Everyone came: Steve, Wanda, Bucky and Tony. We had to split up to lessen the risk of getting caught." Thor explained.
"Oh. Where exactly are we?" I looked up at Thor.
"We're-" Thor was cut off by sudden gunfire. As if on some unspoken command, we all ran out towards the noise. There we saw Tony, Steve, Bucky and Wanda fighting off a bunch of HYDRA soldiers. Thor and Nat ran towards them, but before Loki and I could, the ground split in two, leaving a large gap between us.
"Go. We'll find another way around." Loki told them.
"No." Nat shook her head.
"Nat, please. We'll be fine. I love you. Now go." Loki pushed. Nat nodded, running into the fight. Thor and I shared a lasting look, before running in separate directions. Loki and I ran into some HYDRA soldiers, which we took care of quickly. We ran past a glass wall and I saw where we were. We were in the place where I had been given my powers.
"Kiara?" Loki noticed I had stopped running and walked up behind me. "What's wrong?"
"I can't..." I breathed, trailing off.
"Can't what?" An unknown voice said behind us. A large group of HYDRA soldiers were standing there, holding Thor and Bucky captive.
"Let them go." I demanded. "Please, don't hurt them."
"Why should I do that?"
"Otherwise you'll most definitely end up dead."
"Fine." The soldier grumbled, pushing Thor and Bucky forward, which was an odd move. He was giving up so easily. Before any of us could blink, he raised his gun and shot Loki, disappearing, along with all his soldiers, without a trace. Loki crumpled to the ground, his breathing shallow.
"No, no, no, no. Loki, stay with me." I knelt beside him, fearing my friend's fate.
"Natasha." Loki whispered. "Tell her... I'm sorry."
"Don't say that. Please, Loki, you have to live. For Nat. Just stay awake."
"Tell her..." Loki trailed off, his body going limp.
"No." I whispered. "No!" Thor and Bucky stared in shock. Bucky pulled me away from Loki, so Thor could carry his fallen brother's body.
"The battle's stopped." Bucky spoke up. We all listened and the only thing we could hear was our own breathing. The battle had, indeed, stopped. Bucky held me as Thor lifted Loki's body in his arms. We all walked in silence back to the others. Wanda and Tony stood there, but Steve and Natasha were missing.
"Where's Steve and Natasha?" Bucky asked.
"They went back to base." Tony answered, staring at Loki. Wanda's eyes flickered to Loki's body, then to me. I shook my head, silently telling her that he was dead. Tony led us to his jet, so we could leave this dreadful place. Bucky helped Tony pilot, while I sat by myself at the back of the jet. I wasn't going to lie, even though I had known Loki for a short time, he was like a brother to me. Thor placed Loki's body in an empty compartment, before joining me. Tears silently fell from our eyes as we flew back to base. I only had one thought the entire time.

How are we going to tell Natasha?

@obidala-starwars