Chapter 14: Tracking Down The Halfings And The Drakon

Legolas POV

We've been traveling for about 3 days now with no food or rest. Aragorn was leading us to track down the hobbits and Elle.

Elle...

I thought.

I hope she's alright. I'm gonna kill every single one of those orcs for taking Elle away from me.

We stopped for a second. Aragorn said that it would be a day travel to catch with the orcs. Then we headed off again. I yelled at Gimli to hurry up.

Dwarfs aren't as bad as I thought that they would be. Once you get to know them, they're pretty nice. Gimli and I have became good friends during our journey.

We reached Rohan, home of the horse lords. As we continued traveling, we saw a group of Rohan men traveling on their horses. Aragon called them out. They came to us, circling around us on their horses.

They asked us what our business was. Aragorn did the talking. They said that they killed the orcs last night that headed west.

Then Gimli ask, "Did you see two hobbits and a young girl?"

Aragorn said, "The hobbits are small, they would look like mere children to your eyes, and the girl, she has black hair like a raven's wing and she was wearing a blue dress."

The man said, "We left none alive that night. I'm so sorry. There may be a possible chance where your friends managed to escaped. Here."

He called out, "Applejack and Luna."

"May these horses help you on your journey to finding your friends." He said.

"Thank you," Aragorn said.

"Head for the smoke in the west. That's where we slaughtered the orcs." He said pointing the way.

We got on the horses and headed off. There we saw piles of dead orcs bodies on top of each other. We started looking around the area. Gimli looked through the piles of dead orcs and found something.

"Look, it belonged to one of the hobbits." Gimli said. It was a sheath that belonged to one of the hobbits. Aragorn kicked a helmet and screamed in rage.

"Elle!" I cried as I got down to my knees.

Where are you? I'm worried about you.

Elle...

"Wait, a hobbit laid here." Aragorn just then said. There were footprints of the two hobbits but none of Elle's. I was beginning to think the worst that happened to her. "Don't worry, laddie. We'll find Elle. She's alright I'm sure of it. My dwarf instincts tell me so." Gimli said trying to cheer me up.

We followed the footprints into Fangorn Forest. I suddenly felt an odd presence. "Aragorn, do you feel that?" I whispered. "Yes, I do. It's the white wizard. Be on your guard. Don't let him speak or else he'll put a spell on you. Get ready to attack." Aragorn said quietly.

Gimli slowly raises his axe, getting ready to attack. I ready my bow and arrow, preparing to fire. And Aragon places his hand on his sword. Then we quickly turned around and began attacking. Our attacks missed.

"I see that you were tracking down the footsteps of two young hobbits." The white wizard said. There was a bright light around him, I cannot see his face for it was too bright to see.

"Where are they? What have you done to them?" Aragorn shouted.

"I had someone take care of them." The white wizard said.

"Who are you? Show yourself." Aragorn said.

The bright light disappeared and it was Gandalf. I cannot believe my eyes. "Gandalf," we all said.

"How is it possible that you became the white wizard?" Aragorn asked.

Gandalf explained that he went on this spiritual, enlightenment journey and became the white wizard.

(Okay, I know that's not how Gandalf really became the white wizard but just please bare with me on that. >.<)

"What happened to the hobbits?" Gimli asked.

"Do not worry. An old friend of my is watching them. They'll be safe in his hands." Gandalf said.

"Do you know what happened to Elle?" I quickly asked.

"Sadly, I'm afraid not. I only saw Merry and Pippin'. They said that only the orcs took them and no one else did. But I'm sure Elle's fine. She a drakon. Is she not? She can take care of herself." Gandalf said.

"I really hope you're right. That's what everyone's been telling me that Elle is safe. But I just keep getting this feeling that's she's not." I said.

"Don't worry about it, Legolas." Aragon said putting his hand one my shoulder.

I just sighed.

"Okay, now back to business. We must head for Edoras, Saruman's army marches. And King Theoden's mind has been poisoned by Saruman. Let's haste." Gandalf said.

We went to an opened area and I swear my eyes are deceiving me. "This is Pinkie Pie, The Lord of all Horses." Gandalf said. I couldn't believe my eyes.

We rode to Edoras. Then we entered the castle. The guards took our weapons except for Gandalf's staff which he passed as his walking stick. Gandalf broke the spell that was controlling King Theoden.

After that, we stayed in Rohan discussing about what are we gonna do now.

~

Sorry, for the filler chapter but I had to write down what's going on with Legolas and the others. Again, I know that's not how Gandalf really became the white wizard but just please bare with me on that. Next chapter, we'll go back see how's Elle is doing.