Chapter 25: Battle Preparations

Elle POV

Finally, we got back to Stardale. I felt so tired from the battle and flying back home. The first thing I did when I finally reached the castle, I went to my bedroom and passed out on my bed. I was so tired, like you have no idea how tired I was. I didn't really bother to go tell my parents what happened at Helms Deep when I got home. I was too tired to say anything. I decided that I'll tell them everything that happened when I woke up from sleeping.

When I woke up, I found my mother sitting next to my bed. "I see that you're finally wake," she said. "Yeah, sorry. I was extremely tired from the battle at Helms Deep." I said. "No, it's fine. I know exactly how you feel." She laughed. "You do?" I asked her. "When I fought my first battle, after it was over, I went to sleep for 14 hours straight. You're father wasn't too happy that I was sleeping for that long. He complained about how boring it was without while he was waiting for me to wake up." She laughed. "Yeah..." I said. After, I got got and my mother and I went to find my father. I told my parents about how the battle went and the new allies we have now. "I have to say, Elle... You were right about the humans all along, and I was wrong about they clearly did change." My father admitted.

"I'm happy to that you finally understand that it was time to let go of the past and look into the future," I said to my father.

"Yes, Elle. With this new alliance we have built with the humans, we can begin a new era where we can coexist along side with the humans," my father said.

"You're right, Dryden," my mother said to my father. "Now, on another subject, war is upon us soon for us to take back the Southern City from the Raiders. We must be ready. We leave in three days time." My mother said.

"I'll help Elle out with the battle preparations to make sure that she's ready for the battle," Derek said.

"Alright," both of my parents agreed.

Hours later, I was with Leo and Derek. They wanted me to try in the armor that Leo forged for me when I'm in my human form.

"Looks good on you. It fits you well. You'll be well protected during the battle," Leo said. "Thank you," I replied back.

For the next three days, I undergo very intense special training that will get me ready for the battle.

It was the night before the battle, I was extremely nervous.

My parents and everyone else has such high expectations of me because I'm the divine dragon. I'm scared that I might make a mistake and let everyone down. I'm the only hope my people has left. I can't let them down. I just can't...

The pressure is on.

Elle..

What is it, Mina?

I know you're scared about what's gonna happen tomorrow but I want you to know I'll be here for you.

I know, but it doesn't mean that I'm still scared.

Everyone is relying on me. After all, I'm the only hope they have left.

There's always hope, Elle.

Remember this. Tomorrow's battle, there is someone who gonna need you the most. You will have an affect on their future.

Who is it?

You'll see for yourself.

As for now, I'll be taking my leave. Till then, I will see you soon, Elle.

No, wait! Please don't go just yet! I need to ask you more things.

Do not worry, Elle. Trust in yourself as your friends trust in you. Trust the friends that you have met. They will be there for you. I will see you soon.

I sighed... Trust in myself? That's going to be hard. But I know I have to give it my all, everyone's counting on me.

It was dawn. Everyone got up and started putting on their armor and getting their weapons.

As for me, my mother helped me put on my armor and she gave me my weapons. One sword, a dragger, and a bow and arrows. As everyone was ready, we all set off from Stardale, back to our homeland.

Thus, this is where everything begins..

~

First off, I'll just like to say, thank you to everyone who supported this story. Originally, I gave up on finishing writing this but I got the motivation back to finish up the story.