Chapter 1: The Mission Begins

This is my second fanfiction if you haven't already please check out my other fanfiction, The Blind Prodigy, and comment what you think. This fan fiction is something that I started awhile ago but never finished (and still haven't) and before I write like 30 chapters, I wanted to post it and see if it's any good.

________________________________________________________________________________

3 ANBU shinobi stood in the Hokage Tower, standing before Tsunade Senju, the current Hokage, awaiting their orders,

"Fox, Raven, Slug, remove your masks," she instructed. 2 out of the 3 ninjas responded by placing their masks to their side, Tsunade stared at the still masked Fox ANBU, faint snores could be heard, at this, the Hokage finally lost it.

"Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze!" Once the Hokage had screeched his name, the newly dubbed Naruto (A.K.A Fox) awoke only to be greeted by two confused teammates and a rather flustered Tsunade. They stayed silent for what seemed like an eternity when suddenly Naruto broke the silence by nervously addressing his suspicious teammates,

"Sasuke, Sakura, I can explain, I'm sure Tsunade-baachan was just kidding, right?" Naruto looked pleadingly at Tsunade, only for her to respond saying,

"You'll have to tell them sooner rather than later Naruto, but for now, let's continue the mission debriefing," Naruto's sky blue eyes were hidden behind his blonde hair, 3 whisker-like birthmarks grazing his cheeks.

Naruto Uzumaki (A.K.A Fox), although his last name is Uzumaki, he is the only heir to both the Uzumaki and Namikaze. He is currently 15, soon to be 16, but after secretly training for 3 years with the Kyuubi that he contains, he is able to use wind, water, earth and lightning style ninjutsu. His teammates however only know about his wind style abilities. He is also experienced in taijutsu and is a secret kenjutsu and fuinjutsu master.

To his left stood his best friend, the infamous Sasuke Uchiha (A.K.A Raven), he is the single survivor of the Uchiha Massacre and is 16, one year older than Naruto. He has obsidian black hair that could only be rivaled by his onyx eyes. Strapped to his back is a katana made from special chakra conducting metal, sheathed in a purple case. His speciality is lightning and fire style ninjutsu as well as taijutsu, and due to his Sharingan, he is also a master at genjutsu.

Next to Sasuke stood Sakura Haruno (A.K.A Slug) she's also 16, with shoulder length candy-floss pink hair and emerald green eyes. Although Sakura isn't from a ninja clan like Sasuke and Naruto she still packs a punch, as is expected from a student of Tsunade and is a master of medic ninjutsu and basic taijutsu as well as earth style jutsu.

When Naruto turned to face Tsunade she had started the debriefing,

"It will be a year long unranked mission, you will travel to the wizarding world and pose as students at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry in order to guard the school and protect a boy by the name of Harry Potter. When you arrive Fox will be captain," she opened a file labeled 'CLASSIFIED' and handed Fox a picture, when suddenly a high-pitch 'eek!' was heard,

"It moves!" Screamed a surprised Fox, as a scrawny boy with unruly black hair, round hair and a lightning bolt-shaped scar on his forehead started to smile and wave enthusiastically.

"Wait you were serious about the magic Tsunade-baachan?" Asked Fox, who was baffled at the concept,

"As I was saying," Tsunade said with a slightly irritated tone,

"Magic is similar to chakra but wizards and witches draw on it using wands rather than hand seals, you will be purchasing wands before attending the school as well as anything else you may require." she paused before continuing,

"At Hogwarts, they have a sorting ceremony for the first years and although you'll be entering as third years you still need to be sorted into one of the four available houses, you will have no say in which house you join but it's based on personality."

"The intelligent and knowledgeable go to Ravenclaw, the brave and daring go to Gryffindor, the loyal and patient go to Hufflepuff and the ambitious and cunning go to Slytherin. Potter-Kun and his friends are in Gryffindor. Anyway, our client Dumbledore-san will meet you at the front gate in an hour, so pack only the essentials, you are dismissed."

Without question, the trio of shinobi disappeared from the room with a small swirl of leaves.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Time skip no Jutsu *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~1 hour later - Village Gates 10:03 pm~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The masked shinobi arrived at the village gates and stood in the dimly lit street awaiting their escort. Suddenly out of the shadows came a voice, hoarse yet full of life,

"Am I to assume that you are the ninja that I have employed for the protection of my school and its students?" Fox stepped forward cautiously,

"If you are Albus Dumbledore-san then you will be pleased to hear that we are ready to depart immediately," At that moment Fox, Raven and Slug were surprised to see an old man wearing a peculiar lilac robe walk towards them, his hands folded behind his back. Once the old man, who the ANBU assumed to be Dumbledore, had closed the rather large gap between them, the ninja noticed his grey knee-length beard along with a pair of half-moon glasses on his crooked nose.

They stood in silence before the wizard turned on his heel and finally replied with,

"Very well, follow me," as he walked towards the forest, the shinobi immediately followed their employer. After a minute of walking, he stopped in the centre of a small clearing next to a beast of a man who could only be described as a giant.

His thick, untamed brown hair and beard almost completely covered his face, leaving his dark eyes, nose and slightly rosy cheeks exposed. The trio was especially surprised when the gorilla-like man gave them a friendly smile.

Once again, Dumbledore's hoarse voice interrupted,

"This is Rubeus Hagrid, he teaches Care of Magical Creatures at Hogwarts and he will also be one of the few who will know your mission and true identities." He then suddenly walked past Hagrid, and towards a stuffed animal that was on the floor.

He returned to the ninja's side with a stuffed nine-tailed fox toy in his hands. At first glimpse, you wouldn't have noticed, but as soon as Fox noticed the nine tails he stiffened. Luckily for Fox, Slug hadn't noticed but Raven, who had been using his Sharingan at the time, had.

"What is that?" Slug asked out of curiosity, and in reply, Dumbledore answered with,

"This is what I believe you call the Kyuubi, and today we will be using it as a port key. A port key is a magical transportation device that will take us to your temporary accommodations until the school year starts." After finishing his explanation, Dumbledore glanced towards Fox before giving him a subtle wink.

The wizard then continued to instruct ninja to hold onto the fox plush until told otherwise, and of course, Hagrid joined them by holding onto one of the nine tails with his large hands.

As the group of five began to disappear, a shadow jumped from a nearby tree and followed them into the world of witchcraft and wizardry.

________________________________________________________________________________