Prologue

Prologue

Life is not meant for the light-hearted, or even for the weak; even those good ones are being crushed by life's cruelty. It's unfair because, during our childhood, we can only think about the good memories and the fun times that we have experienced, and that life could be painless. It's funny how we can think of those things while we're still a child. That we can only live with it through happiness and complete satisfaction. But as we grow, we realize that everything that we thought of when we were young was a product of obliviousness and ignorance to what life could offer. Unfairness is real and it happens all the time. Ginagawa mo na nga lahat, hindi ka parin bibigyan ng karapat-dapat na inaani mo. Minsan pa nga, doble pa ang kamalasan mo habang ang ibang mga tao, doble-doble yung mga swerte na dumarating.

Binibigyan pa nila nang importansya yung ibang taong wala namang ginawa kundi magpaka-selfish at maging malupit sa kapwa nila. Kahit anong pagmamakaawa mo, kung hindi nila gusto ay hindi talaga. There's nothing you can do about it because they weren't really planning to do something good in the first place.

Funny how all that I was saying is based on what I've been experiencing with my ex-husband. I never ever imagine myself being abused and threatened just because I married the man who I thought na magpo-protekta sa akin mula sa kapahamakan at magmamahal sa akin ng buo yet all of it was wrong. Bagkus, siya pa ang nagdudulot sa akin ng kapahamakan.

"You realize that if you jump right there, your problem won't be solved and your kids will suffer more right?" naririnig kong sabi ng kaibigan ko habang nakatingin ako sa baba.

I am at the edge of this building while I'm doubting whether to jump so I can just end my life and pray that my kids will be in good hands or continue to fight the odds even if there is no possibility that I will win from that ex-husband of mine.

"Ayoko na! People will just help them if I die, they'll help them out of pity kahit 'yon nalang, gagawin ko pa din para maisalba lang ang buhay nila." and I faced the front where I'll probably jump and end my life.

"Wag!" sigaw niya. "My god, Pia! You're better than this... don't just end your life just because you think you lost from that stupid motherfucker!" she shouted at nilingon ko siya. Puno ng luha ang aking mukha at dinuro siya.

"I just can't bear seeing my kids in pain. Nadamay lang naman sila... if he wants me to die just so my kids can live peacefully, then I'll gladly give it to him." I shouted as new tears started to run down my cheeks.

"You can't do this. Pia, you doing that is ridiculous. Please, bumaba ka na diyan. I'll help you..." she said and I shook my head.

"You can't do that. You can't get me out of this one. Hindi mo na ako matutulungan pa sa mga ganito. I'm on my own now and this is the only solution to all of this. Tanggap ko na. If I keep on fighting for my rights, for the peace that l want, mauubos ako... uubusin niya ang lahat sa akin even that would mean ending the life of our kids."

"Please... bumaba ka diyan, Pia." sabi niya at nakita kong unti-unti na siyang lumalapit sa akin ay tumalikod ako.

Nagdesisyon na ako. "If this is the only way for him to leave us alone, then I'll give him that. I'll trade my life just so my kids peace can be attained." at saka ko pinikit ang aking mata at unti-unting hinulog ang aking sarili mula sa building na 'to.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you'll like the outcome of this story.

Thank you for reading :)

Date started: 4/21/2017