The Interview Part 3

There is a knock on the door as I tell her I would like a bottle of water and in walks my actress idol, Kerry Washington. My mouth drops open as my mother gets up to greet her.

"Hello, sweety", my mom says to Kerry, giving her a loving hug.

"Hey, Jen", she says smiling sweetly. "I know she has to go on in a minute, I just wanted to apologize for the collision earlier".

I look at her, confused because I'm still not really sure what happened. "Um, it's okay", I say nervously. "You are like my idol!"

She laughs. Why did she laugh? Oh, she probably hears this from all her fans. I'm so stupid.

"Really? That's sweet", she says coming closer to where I am laying. "Well, I have been dying to meet you and I just didn't want crashing into you in the hallway to be the way we formally met." She sticks out her hand and says, "Kerry Washington."

I grin at her introduction and stick out my hand, also. "Brooke Aniston", I say as we shake hands.

After talking for a while about practically everything, she decided she would leave to let me get ready to go onstage. We decided to have her over for dinner the next day. I sat up a we hugged and she told us she would see us soon. We waved goodbye and she left the room.

I got up carefully so that I could start getting ready to go onstage, while I asked my mom a million questions. "How long have you known her?" I asked.

"Hmmm, maybe about ten years. She is the sweetest", she says smiling.

I look at her with wide eyes. "And we haven't met... why?!"

"I don't know, we've been busy. That's enough questions. Come here", she says waving me over to her, just as there is another knock on the door.

I walk over to her and she grabs me by the shoulders. "Okay, honey, this is it. Remember what I told you?"

I nod and say, "Walk out there confidentally, wave to the audience, don't stare directly at the camera, think about my answers, but not for too long".

She grins at me. "Good job" She opens the door and a man with a headpiece on tells me I need to come with him.

I follow him to a long hallway where he tells me I need to stand until he cues me. Then, when I hear Ellen say my name, I go fully onstage. I nod to everything he says as the surrealness sets it. I feel it for the very first time: stagefright.

I've never felt afraid to be onstage, especially not just talking. Maybe, it's just a first time thing, it won't be there the next time I have an interview. I mean if I don't screw this one up.

I'm cued and I start to walk down the narrow hallway. I hear Ellen say "Brooke Aniston" and within 2 or 3 seconds, I am onstage. I'm not sure how...it felt like that hallway went on for forever.

People are clapping. Cheering. For me. ME. I don't get it. I start to walk towards where Ellen is waiting for me, as I smile and remember to wave to the audience. Ellen gives me a big hug as her as I approach her and whispers, "Good to see you". I smile as I hug her back.

We both sat down and the crowd was still going crazy. "Alright! Alright, thats enough", Ellen says holding her hand in the air, as the audience quiets down. "Well, they are happy to see you!"

-------------------------------------------------

Wow. I feel like this is really long..let me know if you like it please? thanks sorry this part is lame..ily all. feedback in comments thanks