10

The next day during lunch time, I sit down at my usual table, the ones others look on at with either scorn or envy. In some ways, I have twisted my way into becoming the Cheryl Blossom of this rundown school. I look on at each of my friends and notice that the one with strawberry-blonde hair hasn't made an appearance.

"Where's Emily?" I narrow my eyes, but the other girls shrug it off.

"While you've been out making puppy eyes at the outsiders," I raise an eyebrow at Victoria, to which she rolls her eyes. "You probably may have missed the fact that Emily Ward hasn't been the most loyal of companions."

I scoff. "Boy troubles, Victoria?" She gives me an icy look and the same sensation in my chest returns.

"Don't be a hypocrite, Liv."As if my life was an absurdist teen novel, they all walk out in perfect timing. I can only wonder how much planning went into that.

As I watch them walk away, I know the context enough. I have been inevitably unfriended. I'm still a little bit in shock, but I feel bad that they were my friends for the last six years, and they leave me like that. It hurts, and it will hurt a little more.

I spot you in the corner of my eye, and the look on your face tells enough. I walk to you, and you mutter something borderline unintelligible before you walk away. "I'm sorry for your loss."