20

It's lunchtime, and I eat alone now. It's better for me this way, I suppose.

Eventually, the strawberry-blonde Emily Ward smiles at me and sits beside me. She raises an eyebrow at me. Still friends? I nod. Still friends.

We eat our lunch in silence for most of the time. Out of nowhere, Emily says, "You know Liv, they're just jealous."

I roll my eyes. "Victoria would kill to even say a word to Noah Parker." I scoff.

"You really don't know Victoria at all." Emily gives me a sly, toothy grin. "More than you." And walks away.
God, why are girls so extra?
* * *
I forgot you eat near the elm tree, but I end up there anyways. You have a few friends, but none are sitting with you right now.
"May I sit?" You look up to see me, and nod.

"Anytime, Liv." You sound disoriented, and your eyes are trained still on me. I can see what they say. Can we talk about what happened earlier?

I want to nod 'no', but I take a seat instead.

You're studying history, and for a heartbeat I forget we have history together, and that we have a test.
"Can I study with you?"

You nod happily. I fish around in my school bag for my notes but I can't find them.
And just like every single time I forget something, you're there to find it.

You pass me a notebook and smile, with warmth. "You can borrow mine."