Chapter 7

Paris holds the key to your heart. . .

Katherine was in awe of everything around her. The lights, the sounds, the people. It was all amazing.

"So this is what Paris is like." She breathed out.

Jack looked over at her and smiled, "You like it?"

"I love it!" She said, spinning around.

"So what's first?" Asked Jack.

"I need to go find Clara.  You two walk around; get familiar with the place.  Keep it PG you two."

Again Katherine made a disgusted noise and Jack rolled his eyes.

"Whatever Dave."

•••

"Hey Clara." Davey said nervously from the doorway to the palace.

A girl with strawberry blonde hair whipped around.

"Oh, David. . . Hi." She said, a hint of her original southern accent making its way through her voice.

"Listen, I have a favor and-"

"Really? David Jacobs. I haven't seen you in over four years and this is why you come?" Clara put her hands on her hips as Davey nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, I-"

"Save it. You can leave right now I'll happily get the door for you." Clara said, her heels clicking on the palace floor as she strode past him.

Davey quickly grabbed her and pulled her back.

"Please Clara. I think we found her."

"Found who?" Clara raised an eyebrow.

"Katherine."

"Don't fool with me Jacobs. Princess Katherine?"

"Yes, Clara, Princess Katherine. She has no memory of the past and looks exactly like her. She needs to meet the Dowager Empress. Please."

"I'm sorry Davey, the Empress won't see anyone else. It's too hard on her."

"I understand but-"

"No Davey."

"Je vous en prie."

"Don't think your French will work on me."

"S'il vous plaît"

Clara rolled her eyes, "Fine. You guys have one chance."

Davey grinned widely and picked her up before spinning her around.

"Thank you! Thank you!" He said excitedly.

Clara grinned looked back down in his eyes.

"Clara. . ."

"Yes?"

"Can we please try again?"

"Try what?"

"Us." Davey said softly, "Please."

Clara looked away for a second, thinking, "Okay."

Davey grinned and kissed her left cheek and right cheek before leaning in to kiss her.

"Ah ah ah." Clara put a finger to his lips to stop him, "I don't kiss on the first date."

"Yeah you do." Davey grinned, "And this would be a second date." He winked before leaning up and kissing her as she kissed him back.