Chapter 4. Welcome Back

"Guys, looks who is actually back!" I yelled into the classroom as I entered. Heads faced towards me as I held the door open for our long awaited friend. I watched as they got up from their seats to go up to catch up with Natsu.

Gray was the first to get up. He jumped out of hit chair and over the table to go meet his best friend. He let out a heavy breath that made it look like he was about to cry out of happiness but he wasn't going to show it. He threw a playful punch at Natsu's shoulder blade as Gajeel came.

They just stared at each other for a moment. This was their first time meeting each other in circumstances such as this. "The school was not as loud without you." Gajeel laughed into the silence. Natsu let out a grin as he patted his friend's shoulder.

I watched as Levy and the others got up to meet him. Jellal clung onto Natsu's shoulders from the back and jumped to surprise him. Levy ranted to him and Erza talked to him like it was normal.

"He has a little sister and big brother you know! And a really nice mum!" I grinned at them. I wanted them to meet them like I had. I wanted them to know Natsu as much as I have. But, I want some things to be kept between us.

And us only.

"You met them? Are they in this school?" Erza asked me eagerly. She had turned into someone that had spoken to many people during the 10 months. It made sense that she wanted to meet them.

"Wendy is in year 8, and Zeref is in year 13, you know? 6th Form?" I explained to her. Some secondary school have colleges within their grounds. 6th Form is college but they just have that name. And our school has one.

"He did his GCSEs already?" Levy asked in awe. Last year was a mess. She was so concerned about Gajeel she messed up her revision timetable for her end of year exams. She passed with flying colour but it wasn't worth all the pain she went through.

"Yeah, he went to Portsmouth to do it," Natsu explained. I nodded to signify I had understood and sat on the edge of a table and watched him be engulfed by the rest of the class. Someone had asked him why he had come back if he sounded so happy back where ever he was. His face softened a bit from his grin and he said it was personal.

Meaning I probably get to know the reason after school.

"Luce, I didn't get my timetable, mind if I share yours? We have roughly the same classes and I can ask others for their rooms!" He said to me through the crowd. He was taller than before and he could notice me through all the bodies in front of him. I was surprised he had asked me of all people.

Why me?

"Sure, we have tutor period first lesson! Gramps said it's going to be about refugees," I said to him. He went back to a big toothy grin as he pushed passed people and sat down next to me. I watched as students slowly went back to their seats and watched us. I felt wary but Natsu was here.

He was here!

"As much as I love him, I don't think I can hear his voice for a whole hour, I'd rather hear yours,"

There he went again. He acted like it was old time like nothing had ever happened. He acted like thins didn't change when he left. But, the feeling when he said that didn't change though. Even though it felt addictive but embarrassing, I loved it. I noticed that his hair was cut. I hadn't even noticed that his hair was up to his shoulders the other day until now.

He was back.

"Just kiss already!" I heard Jellal yell from the back of the classroom. I mentally scowled at him but...

"Then why haven't you kissed Erza yet? HUH?" I retorted. Natsu laughed and raised his hand up and I hit it perfectly laughing as well. It wa true, all Jellal would do would just mindlessly flirt with Erza and then act like some sort of abnormal child afterwards.

"That' because she isn't ready yet!" He snorted.

"I'll be going back to my seat," I said to Natsu, bringing my attention back to him. He was still bringing himself back from his laughter and looked back at me.

"And I'll be awkwardly waiting here to get a new seat as I see the seating plan has now changed yet again!"