Reason Eleven

We were 16 and you decided we would have a sleepover at my house

We were 16 and you decided we would have a sleepover at my house. You had no idea I was gay and I knew, yet I barely accepted it. We were locked in my room with pizza, snacks, a movie playing silently on the TV and music playing on my speakers.

You got up from the bed and lowered the music, just enough so that we could hear each other speak. You sat down on the bed beside me and just smiled.

I asked, "what?"

You said, "have you ever kissed a boy before?" Obviously not, I've never kissed anybody. I just shook my head. "I have."

Jealously took over every inch of me. "Who?" I needed to know.

"Mikey."

"Mikey?"

"The junior with the green eyes and the dirty blonde hair. He's a great kisser."

"He's your first kiss?"

"Yeah." I didn't know it was possible to be this jealous, but I hid it pretty well. "And you haven't kissed anybody?" I shook my head. "Now, that I have experience between the two of us, maybe I could teach you."

You had no fucking clue what doors you were opening up to me. I just sat there with my mouth wide open.

"Oh, come on. It doesn't mean anything, I'm just showing you how to do it right for your first kiss."

I blurt out an 'okay', when I think back on it that should have been a telltale sign of my feelings. But, you leaned in, looked into my eyes with your big brown ones and placed your hand on my cheek. My heart raced, my palms began sweating.

Your lips touched mine and it felt like an explosion of fireworks in my chest because I had been waiting for this moment for just about two years. Your lips tasted like the chocolate cake we just ate. I, so badly, wanted to pull you closer to my body, but I refrained from it.

The kiss felt like forever in the best way possible until you pulled away. You rest your forehead on mine and we were both giggling.

"You're pretty good." You whispered.

I pictured myself pulling you into another kiss and wanting things to get further, for clothes to come off, for us to be intimate and close. I just laughed and thanked you before laying back in my bed and cuddling like we usually did.

 I just laughed and thanked you before laying back in my bed and cuddling like we usually did