The End

Bianca stood in front of the mirror, completely indecisive on what to wear

Bianca stood in front of the mirror, completely indecisive on what to wear. Honestly, she wanted to settle on a hoodie and jeans, but she already decided against it. She could feel the anxiety growing in her chest and becoming more unbearable with every outfit she tried.

"Fuck it," she muttered before grabbing a hoodie and jeans out the closet. She felt the need for a little comfort if her anxiety would be this much of a problem tonight, of all nights.

She quickly got dressed and checked the time, obviously she was late for the party with her fifty outfit changes. She grabbed her keys and phone before leaving her bedroom. She told her mother 'goodbye' quickly before going out the door. The walk was quick with Hailee only living at the end of the block.

She walked onto Hailee's property feeling herself tremble. She could hear the music inside and the voices of many, but not a lot. She cursed under her breath as she realized, it wasn't a big party, just a small get together. She focused on her breathing as she approached the front door.

"Can we speak? Alone?" Hailee asked before taking her hand.

Bianca stumbled on her words as she put down her cup of soda, "s-sure." This was the last thing she needed, Hailee Marie Gordon pulling her away to her bedroom.

They walked in and sat down on her bed. Hailee grabbed the small journal off of her bedside table. "This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." She pulled Bianca into a tight hug. "You are truly the most amazing friend anyone could ever ask for."

"But?" They pulled apart from their hug.

"I love you, but not in that way." Bianca's heart shattered to a million pieces. "And I would never end this friendship because of that. Your my best friend, we've been through everything and just because our feelings aren't mutual."

She faked a smile even though she could feel the pain in her chest and tears wanting to come out. "I'm glad that this doesn't ruin what we have." She stood up from the bed and so didn't Hailee. Bianca felt herself yanked into a hug that felt so hard to reciprocate.

"You're my best friend, forever and always, B."

"Forever and always, H." She choked out before swiftly letting go and turning around. "I'm gonna head home, I just wanted to say goodbye and good luck all the way out there. Call me when you get there."

Hailee's face and voiced dropped and filled with concern, "Bianca-"

"I'm fine. I'm just tired and you know I don't really like parties." She left Hailee's room wiping away the tears that snuck out.

"Bianca, wait!"

She ignored her friend and quickly made her way for the door and back home. She hoped and prayed she wouldn't break down on the sidewalk. She finally reached her front door and the tears streamed down her face nonstop as she tried to unlock the door. With a struggle, she finally made it in and rushed to her room before her mom could catch her.

She laid in bed letting everything out. Her heart truly felt in pain. She tried to catch her breath, but the tears just wouldn't let her.

A soft knock on the door, "Bianca baby." Her mother whispered before sitting on the bed by her daughter. "What's wrong?"

"I'm so stupid." She could barely get out. "I feel so dumb."

"You're not, honey. Tell me what happened."

She rolled onto her back looking at her mother, "it's so stupid. You're gonna think I'm an idiot."

"No, I won't."

She sighed and turned back on her side, not wanting to look her mom in the eyes as she told her the story. Her mother comforted her as she spoke her words, sniffling and wanting. Her mother spoke her advice as she laid down next to her daughter.

"You'll find someone who loves you in same way soon."