Chpt. 1 • Academy

Jaerard, your today is of the academy!" Jennifer said excitedly. Jennifer couldn't keep her emotions inside. She was truly happy for Jaerard to go to the Academy, and it was her first day of freedom. This way, she won't have consistently worry about her beloved son.

"Mom, I need to go now," Jaerard says in a dull tone. The grown boy hugs his mom tightly and left. Jaerard ran towards the Academy, mist slowly made his figure hard to see. He disappeared due to the mist.

"They grow up so fast, right, Allen?" Jennifer would say in a softly. She wrapped her arms around him. Smiling.

"It's only a matter of time he will soon learn where he came from," Allen said. Allen wrapped his arm around her neck and rested it on her shoulder.

"Let's hope he forgives us." Jennifer responded.

-=+=-

The whispers of the other students made Jaerard seem like an enemy. He reached his room A4, which is the only classroom where the "smart" people go. The only reason why Jaerard was put there was because Jaerard had a ridiculous amount of chakra. Though, his skills in Ninjutsu and Genjutsu aren't the best of right now, he met his teacher, Khan Sensei. A Jounin that loved to see his students everyday. Jaerard analyzed the classroom. None of them appeal to me. Jaerard sat next to a girl named Ella. She was a bit smaller at height than Jaerard. She had books cluttered around the desk. She too, made eyes on Jaerard. Those same eyes that everyone on the hallways made.

"Aight! Class, listen up!" Khan said loudly. His voice was stern, yet he looked friendly.

"We have a new student today, please welcome, Jaerard U- Jaerard!" Khan said aloud and proud. Jaerard stood up. He said one word, and got the classroom whispering again. Jaerard sat back down, Ella inching away from him slowly.

-=+=-

The class was almost over, Jaerard stared out of the window. There was a kid outside, alone. He was short, had glasses and everything around him seemed cold. Jaerard had a quick glance of the clock. 2 minutes. Though, Khan would always let his class leave early. He has some, errands to do. But the whole class knew, it's either he has a date or he wants to go back home and play video games. But the class didn't seem to care, they actually use this to their advantage, getting home earlier than most students. Jaerard looked outside again, he was gone. Jaerard was confused, it was only a quick glance the the clock, how was he gone? Jaerard rubbed his eyes, he wasn't dreaming.

The school bell rang and everyone rushed outside. Everyone seemed to fit used to this mist. It was thick, and hard to breathe through. Jaerard couldn't see his feet, and the sidewalk, so he trusted himself to know the directions to his household. A blurry shadowy-figure started to form in front of Jaerard.

"Jaerard, it's ok, it's me," that voice, it seemed familiar, Jaerard looked up, it was his dad.

"The fog is thicker than usual, I came here to come and bring you home safely. Your mother should be making dinner right now," Allen said. Jaerard grabbed his fathers hand, and left. He looked back again at the Academy. Not long from now, I'll be a Genin. Jaerard thought. He couldn't wait. He gripped his fathers hand tighter. Walking, safely home. But soon enough his life would change.