Chpt. 2 • Not The Usual

Something about today seemed off. Allen had already left his wife at home with Jaerard. Nothing like this hasn't happened in a while. Last time this happened, the Kages had an important meeting.

As usual, he began his daily morning routine; always starring off to the clouds, and aimlessly kicking air. Today was sunny, and no thick fog covered the village. Jaerard sighed out of boredom, looking at the clock, It's only been a minute. His mother had knocked on the door, and spoke. Her voice was soft and somewhat distorted as if she's hiding a secret. Yet, Jaerard overcame the weird conclusions

"Good morning, Jaerard, how was your night?" Jen asked.
Jaerard answered in a full voice, "It was fine, it was peaceful actually." Something about his voice seemed off as well. His voice seemed more cheerful.

"That's great! I made you breakfast downstairs, after you eat I want you to shower, ok?" Jaerard simply nodded and went down the set of winding stairs.

Once he was down, he looked around the clean, sparkling room. Everything was shiny, and seemed futuristic. He walked over the dining table to see that his mom prepared one of his dad's favourite: curry with an extra bowl of rice. Jaerard never understood how his father, the Mizukage can like something that awful looking. Nevertheless, Jaerard did eat it. And enjoyed the spicy, well-seasoned curry.

-=+=-

The boy was at school now, looking around. Everyone had a friend close by, one, or two, or maybe even five. They all laughed, and made each other smile. He quietly perched himself on a tree branch, analyzing the kids. He noticed that there were some kids on the corner, looking quite suspicious. Jaerard tried to remember their names but all he can remember are the names Gio and Andre. The kids stayed clear of them. He shook his head before noticing the kid from yesterday, the short one with glasses. He was looking at the sky. Jaerard couldn't blame him for looking stupid: the sky was pretty. It's not often the village gets a nice, sunny day.

Not long after, the school bell rang. Everyone came running in, as usual, and very much eager to learn, to become a shinobi. Jaerard never really cared. He went inside as soon as everyone else did. Confused of where he is, he asked the front desk of where his home room was. He was still learning the schools map. Room A4 was simply two right turns from the front desk. Jaerard headed towards the direction when he noticed the same two kids from the corner this morning, heading towards the bathroom. This interested Jaerard but first period was in 2 minutes. Jaerard see's his room, down the hallway. Without any hesitation he ran towards it, afraid missing the bell and getting scolded by Khan Sensei. If one person was late, the whole class has to do 4 extra pieces of homework. Like they had enough already. Today, there was an extra amount of students in their class from last time. He sat down, and analyzed the room once more. Those kids that went to the bathroom came in and sat in the corner. The girl Ella was socializing with some of her friends. The short one with glasses also was in the classroom, but all he had done was shiver and complain that he was cold. Khan Sensei wasn't even here yet. Nothing appealed to his eye. Nothing matched his standards and looks. When Khan sensei finally came, he looked tired and was out of energy. Everyone sat down.

Once he settled in, Khan Sensei's face turned cold and stern not as usual. "Listen up, yesterday we didn't get a proper introduction, so now we have it today. I want you all to take a good look at everyone in this room"
Jearard didn't bother to look, for all he knew, he thought they weren't important.
"The people you're looking at, aren't meant to be your friends. Well that is except two other people. The rest are your enemies you will all compete to be the very best and only a few here 'are' the very best. So don't think you'll make friends 'cuz the truth is, they're not going to be yours. Everyone is your competitors. Outside is where The dangers are, in this world it's kill or be killed and now in this class you fight to be best. Therefore, I wish you all the best" Khan ends in melodramatic tone.