《 remote control 》

jaebum's life was steady. it was alright for him, to say the least. he used to rush everything before when he was young and impatient, but now it just seemed to calm down and pick up the pace.

like the very first time he locked eyes with his other half.

it was the auditions in 2009 when they first met. at first, jinyoung got into jaebum's nerves as his dancing skills were being compared to the younger's but as soon as they both won the auditions and linked their palms to the news, jaebum knew he's found him. the someone who completes his being. the someone whom he will stay with for the rest of his life.

that was the moment when he started catching up to his own pace then everything was ethereal.

when they heard the news about their duo project, they were both elated. he was happy to finally debut after only 2 years or so and most of all, with his jinyoung. he's got the other all to himself.

and so they did. it was like dream come true for them. instant fame and good build-ups was their way to their very own relationship. they stayed strong throughout the ride and not even once did they ever waver.

until they got told they weren't enough.

jinyoung being the most expressive of the two, stayed silent the entire time. but jaebum stood for him. for them. he wouldn't let this one thing, one thing, after everything else ruin them. jaebum wondered if he was giving a little bit too much but when the younger was feeling better and acted like everything's fine to just go back to becoming trainees and improve, he knew jinyoung was doing his best too.

they stayed even much stronger till then.

but then got7 happened.

he didn't know how and what to feel. he should be happy, right? they finally get the chance to get out there and perform again, but no... the five other guys who were soon going to be his responsibilities stared back at him with wide and hopeful eyes. that was the first time in years of acting firm he's broken down on jinyoung.

then jinyoung said, "i love you, and we will go through another one of these obstacles together."

he felt extremely fine and content ever since.

boy, was he wrong.

they both got busier, got many schedules, separate schedules, and a lot lot more members to tend to. they barely had time to themselves. heck, they didn't even get to share a room in their house.

so how else would they communicate?

that's when they both felt it.

they seemed fine in front of the others.

but they worked fine without the other.

they started to grow farther.

they started to take different paths.

and if jaebum only had a remote control to rewind everything back to the past, to cherish his beloved more, he would kiss him.

tell him he's everything jaebum isn't.

tell him he completes his entire being.

tell him he loves him.

but maybe they're just getting older.

and maybe they're just growing tired of each other.

or maybe they just realise that it isn't love anymore. like how it used to back then.

because love fades over time, doesn't it?

rewind.

___

i tried. i'm bad at it.

-Bwi