《 scary monsters 》

there are so many things to be afraid of at night.

there are lurking spiders in the corners, the chilly air that somehow always manages to make the curtains look creepy when they get blown... and there are also not-so-scary monsters under the bed.

it all started after they got proper beds after moving dorms. since their room's quite small and an odd shape odd square, it was impossible to even fit two single beds inside. they thought of sharing but they wouldn't have enough space anyway.

so the group decided to get a bunk bed.

and of course he was so opposed to the idea especially when that giant of a roommate had already called dibs on the top bunk before they could even bring the bunk home.

that was the start of his creepy nights spent on the lower bunk.

he couldn't help but think that there's something down there. even though there isn't, there's gotta be something. when he was young way back before he became an idol, he never really slept on a bed. first of all the futons are nice and second, they were living in a traditional tatami house.

you could say he was a prodigy of sleeping on the floor so he's got nothing to worry about.

but just the thought of the little space below him could fit something, someone is just so terrifying.

he barely got any sleep that night.

the following nights were hidden blessings for him. he had countless tight schedules so he couldn't go home on time and just end up sleeping in the car or the actual venue most of the time. he was tired yes, but he didn't have to worry about getting another sleepless night on that bed.

and then group promotions and self promotion finally ended altogether. he had to go back to reality and sleep in their room again.

fudge.

"turn off the lights." reminds his roommate as he enters the room after cleaning up. finally after 3 months of promoting, they get some time to rest. he has been waiting ages for his roommate to finally show up to tell him the same thing but the other already beat him uo to it.

"n-no you turn it off..."

his roommate looked at him as if he had grown a second head. "i live in the second floor."

"but!" he protested.

"no buts sorry. now let's go to sleep." the other ignores him instead and heads to the ladder (thought he could just jump the whole thing he's a giant anyways).

he panics at this. no way, he's not letting himself walk into something from under the bed in the dark. no. freaking. way.

he's desperate to do anything.

and so he did. "sleep with me." he says in a very serious tone.

his roommate froze immediately. he slowly cocked his head to his way with furrowed eyebrows. he lets out an inaudible "what?" to him.

"i said, sleep with me."

"bro, i am not kidding right now. i know you're hot and gorgeous as hell and i also know that you already know that i like you and i would definitelt bang you right now but-"

"wait wait wait, what?" he interrupts the flustered boy's spill.

did he just...? "what?" they looked at each other for confirmation

yep he did.

"ummm..."

"yeahhh..."

"baek-" "yoda-" they both said in chorus.

baekhyun finally processed what the hell just happened and chanyeol's not-so-surprising confession. he blushes furiously.

baekhyun then clears his throat to get them back in track. "i mean... thank you. i do too," he gets redder at his own words, "sleep beside me?" he clarifies.

"oh god-yes-baek, i'm-YES!" chanyeol was more than happy to spoon the smol (what?) in his arms.

baekhyun guessed the idea of scary monsters under the bed are not so scary after all.

EXTRA:

chanyeol thinks putting his dirty clothes under the bed was not a bad idea after all.

___

bet no one even read that bc no one thought it would be the infamous cHANBAEK YALL.

-Bwi